Hello JNC enthusiasts, the Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club would like to invite you to participate in Economy Run III
For those of you who haven't modified your cars for speed, here is an event that will reward those of us who've restored our Japanese economy cars and left them stock. Here's an event that will showcase the main design intent of our cars in the first place.....economy! My B210 logged 61.5 mpg last October and I am aiming for 70 this summer with additional aero and mechanical mods. C'mon out and join us this August 23rd.
: Fuel mileage contest through the southern Adirondacks of NY. The route will be on really scenic and challenging roads [mild grades] and will run approx. 94 miles in distance. Your “economic” driving ability will be tested. Cars will be filled with fuel by an AMEC official and be sent off at one minute intervals. There will be a time limit to complete the run. Any street legal vehicle is allowed to participate, [including motorcycles]. This event will run rain or shine
: The starting spot will be at the [ethanol free] Fairway Oil gas station on Route 5 in Fonda, NY. Take NY Thruway Exit 28. After the toll booth, turn left onto Riverside Drive. Then turn right onto South Bridge Street and go over the bridge. On the other side of the bridge is a traffic light. You can see Fairway Oil and Gas on your left. Turn left onto Route 5 and enter the station.
: Sunday, August 23rd, 2009. Arrival time will be 8:00-8:30am, first car off at 9:00am. They have gas and diesel and have a large enough parking lot that we won’t be in the way.
: $10 per vehicle plus $8 per car for lunch at the awards picnic by the lake. [see "Awards" below]
1. Best overall mpg for gas cars [1st, 2nd, and 3rd places]
2. Best overall mpg for diesel and hybrid cars [1st, 2nd, and 3rd places]
3. Best Historic car ['79 and earlier - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places].
Note: If we get more than one motorcycle we will add a class for them.
: will be at the Citgo located at 746 NY-30, in Northville. They are less than a mile from Northampton Beach Campground and their lot is plenty big. It will be on your right as you're heading on Route 30 south in Northville.
Awards and Lunch
: This event will conclude about noon, and we will be having our A.M.E.C. summer picnic immediately following the event. All Economy run participants are invited to join us for awards and a picnic lunch at Northampton Beach Campground located on Housmann Street, in Mayfield, [it's actually closer to Northville] NY. Their website is HERE
. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the map links. The picnic pavilion and beach are right on the shore of beautiful Sacandaga lake. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and soda will be served. This park is only about a mile from the Citgo station where the event concluded.
To register for this event
: Please contact Mike Kamm at (518) 674-0520 or via email: mikek [at ]icerace [ dot] com. Or just simply reply to this thread with your name, year/model car. The vehicle count will be limited so please sign up before this event is full.
Registered driver's list as of 7-1-09
1. Mike Kamm - 1977 Datsun B210 - Averill Park, NY
2. Tom Moeller - 1994 Mazda Miata - Saratoga, NY
3. Dave Burnham - 1991 Eco Diesel Jetta - Delanson, NY
4. Ben Jones - 1991 Honda CRX - Hanover, NH
5. Dick Vedder - 2000 Ford ZX2 S/R - Johnstown, NY
6. Martin Deschenes - 2000 VW Jetta TDI - Quebec City, QC
7. Ron Kienhuis - 1972 Citroën SM - Long Island, NY
8. Vlad Saakyan - 2003 Suzuki Svs650 - 518 forums
9. Bill Clark - 1957 Metropolitan Hartop - Endicott, NY
10. Bruce Turk- 1958 Saab 93B - Walden, NY
11. Ernie Yue - 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc
12. Dan & Richard Dobbins - 1964 Studebaker GT Hawk - Long Island, NY
13. Matt Herring - 2009 Toyota Prius - Boston, MA
14. Robert Smalls - 2000 Honda Insight - Buffalo, NY
15. Peter Ramotowski - 2000 VW Golf TDI - Albany, NY
There is a link to last year's event thread located HERE