#
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 58 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Melb Japanese Day, Feb 26th 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 am 

Damn it!! I just realized that this is the same day as All Japan Day here in SA :( And I won't be in VIC until the 29th for the Forum Battle @ Calder. Please take plenty of pics :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 pm 

crown_mad wrote:
Damn it!! I just realized that this is the same day as All Japan Day here in SA :( And I won't be in VIC until the 29th for the Forum Battle @ Calder. Please take plenty of pics :)

I am sure that Go Baby Go will be armed with her camera and will take a "few" pics - as she is never shy of taking a photo or two.

Will have an interesting vehicle on the back of the truck for the trade stand......

Cheers
Sean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:03 am 

With only a week to go who else from here is coming along? So far there is Go Baby Go, silverra23, thierry, prince_skyline & shanec86 that we know of. Surely there is a couple of more

Cheers
Sean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 am 

Ausdat is working and disappointed he won't be there!

phuc_difino is bringing 3 cars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:40 am 

right well ive got a mate to drive the ET so will have that and the Q45 there now. cant wait, looks like its going to be a hot day too

85' Pulsar ET - E15ET
75' 260Z 2+2 Y40 || 73' 260z 2 seater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:18 pm 

Motiv8 wrote:
With only a week to go who else from here is coming along? So far there is Go Baby Go, silverra23, thierry, prince_skyline & shanec86 that we know of. Surely there is a couple of more

Cheers
Sean

yeah i'm going.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 pm 

Awesome! I've got the eski full of drinks, the sunscreen.... and the umbrella for the storms they say will come in the afternoon...... for those in the rest of the world... 100 degrees today and I think 94 tomorrow...

Adelaide's all jap day tomorrow is 98 or 99 with storms by lunchtime.........I think today was maybe 103 ?

The Prince is loaded ready to go. He leaks still and ran out of time to fix it, but although not in any form of shoe condition, it's still coming - but hey that's JNC's.......
Mike's going.... can't think of his user name....... think he is taking a couple too...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm 

1600GT wrote:
Motiv8 wrote:

Cheers
Sean

yeah i'm going.

Whatchya bringin'?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 pm 

Me, my bro and gary (i think he's a member here) will be meeting up at the ndsoc meet up.
Hope you guys dont mind some low and ratty looking datsuns/nissan cruising along with ya's :)

hj75 cruiser: Offroad
1988 Cefiro: 395RWKW- Dragracing
Gen 3 cr500AF: wheelie machine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am 

Awesome- and you are more than welcome to join us! My Prince looks less than pretty but it's still comin' - the more the merrier!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:00 pm 

Well any day that is about Japanese cars is a good one!

Congrats to the Nissan Datsun Sports people for taking away the Best Club award, you certainly put on a good show! Lucky really.. since aside from you, the Toyotas, and some coll Mightyboys, it was a pretty disappointing showing from the other marques. Anyways hopefully it is something that can be built on in subsequent years.

Here are some of my fave photos

This MR2 won an award for best mid-engined car - and it was very nicely presented

I loved the interior - is it factory?

Andy's two new Toyota manufactured rides looked tops together - car and bike!

I love wagons

This Corona is amazing! Bloke has owned it for 40 years, and lives 150m away from Mel's parents place!

Engine Bay

I loved all the bling on the Prince 6

RB26 in what we know locally as a 240K. Mmmmmmm!

A couple of realllllly nice 240Z's too...this is just one

Loved how clean this 180B was

Cool Datsun ute, spewing I didn't get my brother's Tiara sorted to give it some competition!

This Roadster had been finished off beautifully

Look like Mx5 seats to me

Paint job on this Galant was awesome! Shame it was the sole "Mitsubishi" representative

The sole Honda representative was also awesome!

And it is a shame this wasn't off the flatbed...

There were some cool rotaries there but they left before I got to photograph them.

Rest of my pics are here

https://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws1974/AOMCJapaneseCarShow2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKzC9ab6w9mzQQ&feat=directlink

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:08 am 

Yep was a good day out, heaps of awesome cars. That Black 240k is actually RB25

Was dissapointed with the way it was run though. There was no proper instruction on parking the cars as could be seen from 3 weird rows of nissan's. In the end i got sick of trying to get someone to help so i parked in Izuzu's spot which turned into nissan anyway. Probably would have been better idea to spread out after they realised there was 4 cars to 6 netball courts too.
1 Speaker wasnt going to cut it either, couldnt hear the guys speaking unless you were less than 20meters away.
Can only get better next year you'd expect :tu:

85' Pulsar ET - E15ET

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:30 am 

OK. This little rant is going to sound blunt and harsh but try and understand where i'm coming from. Nothing here is meant to be personal.

I found this show a little disappointing. It felt and looked like a Friday night car park meet.

Im not sure if it was too hot or some of the West Side boys couldn't be bothered getting to Dandenong before 11am.

Yes there was a good turn out from the Toyota, Nissan/Datsun/Prince people but, Where were all the Mazda's, Subaru's, Honda's? The organizers put the only Mitsubishi so far away in the corner it was like it wasn't invited or wanted.
A small amount of the cars where very nice especially the Princes but most of the cars looked like daily hacks. Which is ok if that's the look your going for and I'm cool with you driving your old JDM everyday, but it's a car show. What was with red Cressida? He hadn't even washed it.
The guy with the Hako couldn't even be bothered getting it off the tow truck.
Are people to scared to bring their cars out of the shed through fear of Police presence or others knowing where their pride and joy is kept?
I got there at 10.30am thinking that was early and cars were already starting to leave.

Please understand I know its hard to organize these events I have done it myself so I am not having a go at the organizers .

Too hot? Not advertised well enough? Location? Or is the car scene dead in Melbourne?

Unfortunately I think the latter.

Here endeth the rant.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am 

shanec86 & rxfury...
i agree.
today really was a disappointment, but i'll try my best to shed some light on it from what i know and saw...

the event should have been a winner from the get go, as the organisers also do the very successful "American Day", the "British and Euroean Day" and the "All Australian Day", and have been doing these fro years and years, so they know how to oragnise and run an event properly, but as we all saw today, that same DNA didn't transfer across to the "All Japanese Day"...
the day was never advertised to begin with. the organisers have Japanese based car clubs on their register but they didn't let anyone know. word filtered out very slowly... so nobody really knew anything. it really was only just an email a few people got from the organisers saying "this is it, when and when, so u spread the word."
now that's good and fine between people that know each other and have contact details for others, but as we all know, we usually associate with people that have the same cars as us, and while we all say "Hi" and have a chat with people we see at shows and events, most are only seen and conversed with at those things and not outside of it, so the usual contact methods of phone calls and emails don't happen as not everyone has everyone elses details.
again, the organisers had ALOT of this info, but never used it
the MX5 guys were pissed off more than most... they are part of the organisers group, and were really pushing for the event a couple of years ago before it "all got too hard", but they only found out about today by accident as they never had notification...
there were alot of datsun/nissans and toyotas there, and this is all a big credit to the NDSOC and the TCCA for getting the people and cars together, but without these clubs, there would have been 20 cars there at most, which would have been 1,000 times worse, so credit to these clubs for at least making up enough numbers.
the other marque's (i'm with isuzu, and we only had 2 cars, but that's due to other issues i would go into here...) were basically non existant due to nobody knew the event existed. what really surprised me was the lack of the mazda rotary guys. there was maybe 3 or 4 there, but again, as the MX5's attest, i'll bet they just wouldn't have known about the event either.
rxfury commented on the hako... in defence of it sitting on the truck all day, as i know the people with the truck (that are also on this forum), it stayed there as the car is not theirs, but is under strict storage for a while the owner is occupied with other things, so it stayed on the truck to prevent anything unfortunate or accidental happening to it, which i totally understand, as it's simply not theirs to begin with. it was fantastic to have in there even in a "loaded" capacity tho.
i dont think the car scene in melbourne is dead. far from it, and the TCCA day last nov proved that. i personally think that a Japanese day needs to be set and run by those who really care about our cars and scene, and the organisers of today i honestly dont think are those people as they are all enthusiasts of British/European or American stuff. simply, none of them owns cars from or is involved in our world, so as a result i don't think they care about it.
i'll get flamed for this next bit, but:
i feel today was done to shut alot of us Japanese enthusiasts up that have been asking for a Japanese day in melbourne for years, and it was designed to fail in both attendance and acceptance, meaning the answer to further events from this organiser of "we tried that and it didn't work, so never again..." when they get the same questions.
personally, my full support is going behind further Classic Japanese Day's organised by the TCCA, as these guys have the determaination and interest to make an event for us all to be proud of.

cheers.

Last edited by 1600GT on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 am 

I had fun. :)
shame, like has already been said, that there wasnt a bigger non-toyota non-nissan showing. looked somewhat sad seeing the lone honda and mitsubishi sitting at opposite sides of the carpark.
but great turnout of classic japanese metal regardless! :)

That AW11 is mine btw. The seats are 1989 AW11 'Super-Edition' Recaro's (LX-C), but i had the lot re-trimmed in a tartan/plaid fabric to add some more fun to the inside. i think i had that done late 2010, and still haven't grown tired of it!
The photo there shows the interior mid-way through getting filled with dirt/dust that was blowing across the oval next to it.. haha.
Was nice I won an award, but felt a little cheeky since there wasn't exactly a lot of mid-engine competition!

i forgot to go back and get pics of that brown corona hatch too. loved the toyota bike on it.. and that red velour..!

a heap of pics i took. didnt put much effort into the photos, as i was too busy looking at the cars. but worth sharing anyway. :)

i think someone here owns this. I love pillarless.. anything!
this would have had to been my favourite car there on the day...
nice paint on this celica..
takumi..
this is great. met the owner of this in bright late last year..
loved the colour combo on this early prince skyline. bronze on red..
even earlier again; and from new-zealand?
gloria..
in wagon form..
both were immaculate.
line of nissan/datsuns. GTS1..
love this - 25det S3 TI on BBS'..
another clean GTS2..
C110..
..with a single turbo'd 26det..
f'n awesome..:
spotless FJ20DET, and nice radiator mount..
little red, and my mates Soarer..
13b eh?
aah.. 13BT in here. would go hard..
Isuzu Bellett. great to see.. and definetely something different..:
another unusual car to see - the flake on this Galant was intense..!
this Zed (and the red one too) were absolutely spotless..
Vortex! i love seeing things like this. not something i'd own, but awesome that someone does, so that we can all appreciate it without having to work/maintain it. every inch has something interesting going on..!
asymmetrical wheel, and Porsche-style cloth pattern on the seats..
flap doorhandle.
immaculate targa/sunroof brumby:
awesome p-plater Zed, on equip 03's...
the red zed. ooh..
this had so much character:
one of the surprising amount of DR30's. ironmask awesomeness...
un-trashed TI...
very cool.. complete with junction-produce VIP curtains..
i love to see a neat N12 ET. wished there were some N12 Exa turbo's there though..
the mightyboys..!
mxfif..
another R30, on R31 GTS1 wheels. lots of neat accesories too..
i looove this detail. reminds me of the early Lancer 'turbo' sticker on the front...
the Hako stayed on the trailer unfortunately, but there to advertise the towing i think..
as the cars started to leave, i got to spend some more time with the TE27 Sprinter.. haha
and one last shot of that '31 again..

done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:01 am 

Strange to say this but its good to hear the lack of attendance was due to nobody knowing it was on rather than nobody caring.

1600GT are you saying there is a conspiracy against Japanese cars in Melbourne? NOOOOOOO never.

There was a Mustang show at that venue last week with over 400 cars. 400+ mustangs all looking exactly the same. The place was packed.

I will be sticking to the TCCA event for sure. It was way smaller but you could smell the love. They did a great job.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:12 am 

yep, in all honesty mate, i reckon if everyone had known, today would have doubled in numbers if not more.
the amount of JNC stuff around really is amazing, and if the word can be spread about these things then i think it'll be huge.
i reckon the TCCA day had more cars there tho... but if not, it had far more variety and was very well run. to think that was their first go at an event like that makes me think that it's set to go from strength to strength too
and i know the TCCA boys have big plans for their event, so i reckon we all help them out as much as we can coz they have the right outlook on things.

oh, and one thing my partner pointed out and a Corolla mate also said...
the catering today was crap, both in price and availablity.
seriously... no coffee van dude thingo?? come on!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:43 am 

RdS, that was your MR2? i got a cool pic (well i think it is) of the stickers on the dash i will upload later.
Also your mate with the soarer, is he on Aus-vip forum do you know? im sure ive seen it on there but i couldnt find the owner anywhere

That was my Infiniti and ET too. My mate drove the ET down for me, hes actually got an N12 Exa, with AW11 spoiler too 8)

85' Pulsar ET - E15ET

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:53 am 

Lack of mazda's was due to a ausrotary cruise today.

I didnt think it was a bad day today, heat was a killer, yeah the parking organisation could of been better, but meh, I was happy to park up and look at some old jap tin, regardless of make and model.

Anyone get pics of the grey/black dr30 and the green 510? :)
heaps of pic takers, havent found much on the net.

As for police, they were deffinately out in force.

hj75 cruiser: Offroad
1988 Cefiro: 395RWKW- Dragracing
Gen 3 cr500AF: wheelie machine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:54 am 

i liked this little rolla wagon too

85' Pulsar ET - E15ET

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 58 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next