#
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 15 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: salt city tinners
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:48 am 

I'm open for a monthly meet, are you thinking of a saturday meet or a week night?

Last edited by aclever1 on Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:56 am 

Monthly meets at the shop is an awesome idea!

The UVU show registration is 7-11 am and I was planning to be down there in the 8 o'clock hour but that's as far as I have planned. I would love to meet up and cruise together. I'm flexible.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 pm 

how do they organize it? I just want to make sure we are all parked together or close by. It would also be fun to drive out together so if you want to meet up I'm good to leave any time.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 pm 

I think a monthly meet idea is an awesome idea! I just need to find something that I can bring that is classic. I did go test drive an 87 SR5 GT-S conversion. It didn't go well. So, I'm still looking and thinking about the option of having you guys import a Levin for me. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:53 am 

Any one planning to go to the UVU car show (and even if you're not), we are meeting at 8:30am tomorrow at the Beans and Brews on 106th South (Cars and Coffee location) and then we will cruise down to the show at Thanksgiving Point together.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:39 am 

A few of us went together to the UVU show this past Saturday. Its always fun to park on the grass. :D Lots of diversity in this show, not just American muscle. European MGs, Salt flat race cars and a couple of micro cars including a 3 wheeler were some of the highlights. The swap meet was cool too and we spent more than 2 hours wandering it.

The highlight of the show for me was a recently restored RHD Land Cruiser Fire Truck! This thing was awesome. There was a panel with pictures showing the restoration process but no name card whatsoever on it. I took a chance and wrote a note, hoping to tell the owner of our meets, including the JDML open house. I got a phone call from a nice lady yesterday who turned out to be Brent Brown's assistant. Brent Brown Toyota is the owner and restorer of this fine piece and she told me that they just recently picked up a Toyopet Crown to restore for their next project.

I filled her in on some informative websites to check out and told her about JCCS. I'm confident we will see the fire truck show up at an event soon. Here are some pics from the show.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Looks like it was fun. And the fire truck looks bad ass!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm 

That fire truck is AWESOME! I would love to have it at our grand opening.... speaking of which, the event has been postponed to the following Saturday which is the 2nd of June due to poor weather. Sorry for the inconvenience, hope to see you all there!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:40 pm 

They couldn't make it this Saturday but maybe the next. I will let them know. Also, the extra week will give me time to get my Corona registered. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:48 pm 

Cool Duane, can't wait to see your new project. It would be great to have it registered by then but the real question is can you have it DUMPED by then :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:52 pm 

man.. the 2nd ill be in cedar getting rx2 parts.

Eric, i know that you are just postponing to go play in the desert.. meanie :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:47 pm 

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. :D It was great seeing most everyone at the JDML open house.

Eric is still working out the final details about a monthly meet at JDML. Now that he and Ryan had a successful road trip to the Bayline Gathering the rumors are true about a cruise down to the Japanese Classic Car Show in September. The show is Saturday Sept. 15th. I'm sure Eric will chime in with some details when he is ready.

I'm all up for a road trip. Who else is game?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:22 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

That would be cool. Guess I need to see where I am at in the next month.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 am 

I have already booked my rooms so I will be there, I’m not sure if I will be bringing the Roadster down. I was able to double it up and sell it to my wife as a car show/Disneyland/family trip. So I doubt I will be driving my car down unless I want to borrow my dad’s truck and trailer.

On a side note, lets start getting our J-tin meet gong again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Not sure on peoples schedules, but I am planning on going to cars and coffee on July 21st. Some people (1 so far) is trying to get all the alltrac people out for a cars and coffee. I said I would go, but I am bringing my rolla since my celica alltrac is currently still on jack stands lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm 

aclever1 wrote:
I have already booked my rooms so I will be there, I’m not sure if I will be bringing the Roadster down. I was able to double it up and sell it to my wife as a car show/Disneyland/family trip. So I doubt I will be driving my car down unless I want to borrow my dad’s truck and trailer.

On a side note, lets start getting our J-tin meet gong again.

Nice, Aaron. you will love it whether you bring your car or not. And if we can get the monthly JDML meets sorted we can decide on a big yearly one. I guess it has almost been a year since the last one. Maybe we shoot for after JCCS?

I'd be up for a cars and coffee...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:45 am 

what cars-n-coffee location are you going to? it seems like most people have migrated back to the 106th south location. I go every once and a whiel but I haven't been for a few weeks. I'll try to make it this sat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Do people still go to the redwood location? I need to ask the alltrac guy which one he was going to go to.

I will be going next weekend. This weekend is probably a garage and yard weekend. With any luck, I might have a running alltrac at the end of it lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 am 

Hey guys, sorry for the delay on the monthly meet but this summer is cruising by a little quicker than I would have liked already. We've missed our date for first Thursday of the month due to the Bayline trip so how about we shoot for the first Thursday in August the 2nd?

Also, as Duane had mentioned we plan on heading up a caravan to JCCS so plan on freeing up some time around the 13th of September if you would like to make the trip with us. We'll get into more detail as we near closer to the date.

Hope some of you can make it!

- Eric

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:46 am 

circuitlife86 wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for the delay on the monthly meet but this summer is cruising by a little quicker than I would have liked already. We've missed our date for first Thursday of the month due to the Bayline trip so how about we shoot for the first Thursday in August the 2nd?

Also, as Duane had mentioned we plan on heading up a caravan to JCCS so plan on freeing up some time around the 13th of September if you would like to make the trip with us. We'll get into more detail as we near closer to the date.

Hope some of you can make it!

- Eric

What time would you be thinking? With work it makes it tough to do a Thursday meet. :(

Nate

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 15 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next