#
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: salt city tinners
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Negative. Sounds like we may have decided for later in the summer for a formal JTin meet. I think the 14th is when JDML does their open house. Probably a small meet there.

Then there is a show in Lehi some of us may try and go to. (Not sure if I will since my car isnt much of a shower lol)

And I think there was one or 2 other shows that were being talked about. And it seemed like we were aiming for august again, like last year. That way weather is less of a concern.

Plus I know we will probably still do the cars and coffee shit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:51 am 

Yeah, that's correct. I have been out of town for the last week and the dates in my post were just a suggestion. Eric has not confirmed any date for an open house that I know of yet. I am going to be readying my goon this week for a trip down to Vegas on Friday the 7th to go to the BRE open house. I might be able to concentrate on local stuff more after that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:28 am 

Steve and I just got back from our road trip to Vegas with our classics for the BRE Open House. We had a couple minor issues but both of us made it home under our own power. I have a lot more confidence on road tripping in the future. There is a rumor floating around about a caravan to JCCS this September...who's in?

More pictures here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40856 ... ge__st__40

No news so far on a JDM Legends open house date. I am planning to go to the UVU show on Saturday May 19th and it would be cool if several of us cruised together to Thanksgiving Point for the show. This is an all day show with an entry fee but I think it could be one of the most diverse and better large shows around.
http://www.uvu.edu/autoexpo/

Also, there are several weekly cruise nights coming up. We should pick one that works for everyone and show up in a group. Here's a list: http://thanks2frank.com/car%20show%20dates%202009.html

My choice is Wed. May 2nd at Jordan Landing but I would go to a different one if it were chosen. I went to this same cruise night last year in May and I believe there were 150+ cars in attendance. I would love to have a good group of nostalgics and have a good presence among the mostly American group.

Time to get our cars out and show off.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 am 
JNC Enthusiast

May 2nd would be fine with me. A cruise would be cool.

Trying to see if I can slap a solid coat of paint on my car soon. That way I might go to the UVU show. I am just not sure my corolla is "show" material yet with it's various colors lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 am 

Let's plan on May 2nd then. Also, I have registered both my cars for the UVU show. Anybody besides Utah Sleeper interested in this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 am 

Honestly I'm not too hip on the idea of mixing it with the American stuff. I don't mean that I want to be a separatist, but when the meets get too big it tends to lose the personal feeling. I would prefer something with just Japanese stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:28 pm 

I agree with Foxau2 on that note.

82 yota te72 wago daily- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21317 -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:41 pm 

so the meet will be may 2nd @ 3751 W 70th S. by the Cinemark Theater.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:55 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

What time? And this is for the cruise?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm 

sorry if im confusing everybody i read the list wrong
May 2, 2012
6-9 Jordan Landing Cruise Nigh with JC Hackettt 3751 W 70th S. by the Cinemark Theater

what date and time will the actual J-TIN meet be held on or is it that date?

if not you should open up a cruise night tread.lol so you dont get people like me confusing everybody :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:45 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

The 2nd is more of a cruise night................as far as I know. We have been using this as a way to try and organize any and all meetings of us JTinners :) Cruise, car show, coffee, whatever.

As of right now, no JTin only meet has been arranged. Sounds like we are trying to get people to the UVU show.

I think the potential JTin only meet coming up may be when JDM Legends does their open house. The last chat here was that August may be the best time for use to have a big JTin meet, but it could be sooner. Just depends.

We could always do another Cars and Coffee meet soon for more conversation on the topic.

Get your Cressida running?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm 

ok lol im down for the cruise meet if everything go's accordingly to plan this upcoming week.

-what time does that cruise meet start?-

cars and coffee is every sat starting at 8a.m. to mostly 12ish im goin to hit that up aswell.

as for the cressida im planning stuff out setting money to aside for now but its a project and will be finished in time im not getting rid of that beauty. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:58 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Not sure on all the details for the cruise. Duane is the one who knows most. I just need to know a meeting time lol.

Anyone down for cars and coffee next week? OR maybe the week after?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm 

if everything go's as planned count me in for cars and coffee.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am 

Cruise Night May 2nd

The cruise night is just an excuse to get together around other vehicles. You can take or leave the American cars. I personally like the rat rods and the ingenuity that goes into them. I couldn't care less about Camaros and muscle cars. If we all met at the same time and parked together we could have a little meet within a meet. My experience is that some American car guys like the Japanese vintage tin but that is totally a by-product. Just an idea for a get together.

We can meet at a central location to be determined at 6 and cruise over together. We don't have to be there at 6, I'd almost prefer closer to 7.

J-Tin Meet in August:

I am thinking Saturday August 18th <not confirmed yet>. I am also thinking of the same park we had it last year because it has one pavilion so when its reserved we pretty much own the park. If we control it right we could fit another 20 show cars in the parking lot. I would be willing to lay it out and control the parking. I have my doubts on topping 60 Nostalgics.

That said, I am still contemplating other venues. If we could find a place of business with a large parking lot that was closed on Saturday, that would be good too. However, you can't beat a park for the play equip for kids and covered eating areas. The reason I am shying away from a larger park like Murray or Sugarhouse is that we would have to share parking with non show participants and more than likely we could NOT use the grass.

Let's get the date decided, find a venue and get planning.

Cars and Coffees

I am up for any of these. Anyone who wants to go, just post up by the Friday night before and see if anyone is up to come a long. There still seems to be 2 locations: Redwood Road and the old 106th location. I haven't checked either out lately. If there are J-tinners going some morning I will come along.

...And like UtahSleeper said, this thread is for all activities related to Salt Lake J-tin, not just the meet. :D Hope this all make sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I am down for May 2nd. And 7 works best for me since that would give me time to get home and prepped. Just tell me a place to meet everyone and I will be there.

I say we do cars and coffee this Saturday, April 28th, and discuss a meet again since we have one more person wanting to discuss :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm 

im down aswell for both cars and coffee this upcoming week and may 2nd :D
the list say's that its goin to be at Jordan Landing 3751 W 70th S. by the Cinemark Theaters.so im assuming that its goin to be at that strip mall/theater parking lot thing lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 pm 

Yep. That's where it is (May 2nd). I have just driven thru and looked for the cars. We can meet somewhere and drive out to it or we can meet there. I know Chris is coming from the west and might not want to drive past it.

Let's plan on Cars and Coffee this Saturday. There has been talk of it moving back to 106th south Beans and Brews but I'm not sure yet. I suppose we could meet at Redwood Starbucks and see if we need to head south then. Aaron with the Datsun Roadster says he's up for C&C as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:48 pm 

I went to CnC at the 106th location about a month ago and there is still a good amount of people that stayed there and never went to the new location. It's a mixed croud but mostly domestics and subaru's. I haven't been to the redwood road locations since we all did a while back so i'm not sure how many people are showing up there still. I'm down for either location though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm 

I was actually thinking of going to the 106th location. My wife likes their drinks better and I have a place to be in Sandy in the late morning anyway.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next