#
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 11 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: salt city tinners
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:14 am 

I like the selling by the person's car idea if it is neat and organized.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I think selling by the persons car is the better option, just need to see the park we will get first.

My concern would be space needed to display parts for sale. Should sellers have a little more space, and should they belocated closer together so it's easier to check what people have for sale?

Just things running through my head.

So, what parks did you already have in mind?

http://www.recreation.slco.org/parks/html/reservablePavilions.html

Just to offer some assistance for park finding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:41 pm 

I started off with Murray Park since I'm over there almost every day. They have a "Special Event Request Form" that I will fill out and return. They want to know about the event, date, how its organized, if its a fund raiser and how many people are expected. Under 100 people costs $150. 100+ is $250. Do you think we'd be under 100 people? (passerby's not included)

The Constitution Circle grass area part of the park (by the indian statue, just east of the State Street entrance) would be really cool and I think would fit a good amount of cars. Great access with a road all around it and the curbs are manageable with some wood ramps.

This is just an option. We have to start somewhere. I will check out Utah Sleeper's link to SLCo parks also. There's a good chance we can find something better and cheaper but knowledge is power. If we find that most venues cost money we may want to extend the hours of the show to help make it more worthwhile.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Murray park is a good option. Just good to see what else is there.

I doubt we will have 100 be showing off their car. Possible....................you know, I really have now idea lol. Guess we can gauge by the interest expressed here and other forums.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 am 

Dropped off my application to Murray Park yesterday and got a call back this morning. Here's what they said:

They only allow a few car shows a year on grass and they are repeat, already been spoken for groups. Early in the season grass parking tends to be iffy anyway due to ground saturation which I had not though about. We don't want our already low cars sinking further. :D

We can get their special event permit and have it in the Amphitheater parking lot (south east corner) or the parking lot in the middle of the park. Either way they would give us permission to cord it off to show cars only so we could control that. Neither area has a covered pavillion nearby but I don't think the hot sun is a huge issue in April. Each area has play areas within walking distance.

I doubt we'd top 60 cars although that would be cool. The "less than 100 people" would have to include drivers, passengers and families but maybe not spectators? I suppose if it got bigger we could always ask for forgiveness.

So there's our fist option. I will continue my research.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Sounds like a good start. I didn't think of the grass thing in april either.........

So, thier person count is just people coming there? If so, we would probably exceed that if we are planning on a little promoting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:42 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Any new info?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:24 am 

Been super busy lately so I haven't done any new research. I still keep thinking of a large parking lot somewhere near facilities that we could borrow. A business that's closed on Saturdays perhaps but I just seem to nail something down. Hopefully I will have some time this week to check some more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 am 
JNC Enthusiast

K. Well, if you have any places of interest that you need me or someone to check out, let us know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm 

sounds like you guys are doing a really great job keeping up the momentum.

i need to find something older, although my fc fits under the 25 year mark, its still not of the correct vintage in my eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:23 am 

I have been checking out parks any time I get near one and I keep thinking back to the original High Pointe Park in Sandy. It has one pavilion so when that is reserved we pretty much own the park. With a little more planning and some crowd control and organization we could control most if not all of the parking spaces. I believe there were 50 +. And there would be room down the drive aisles for more cars. If the event had set times we could limit the amount of in and out traffic and have it more like a show rather than a meet. There was plenty of street parking for spectators. Anyway, just sharing some thoughts.

On a different note, there seems to be some interest in a cruise down to Vegas for the BRE headquarters open house on April 7th. I know its a Datsun thing but thought I would post it. Here are some links:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40856 ... dquarters/
http://www.bre2.net/index.php?section=1
http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/j ... news36.htm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I should probably stop by that park just to see what it's like.

And that drive would be cool, but my car needs more work before that drive happens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:19 am 

toydatto wrote:
I have been checking out parks any time I get near one and I keep thinking back to the original High Pointe Park in Sandy. It has one pavilion so when that is reserved we pretty much own the park. With a little more planning and some crowd control and organization we could control most if not all of the parking spaces. I believe there were 50 +. And there would be room down the drive aisles for more cars. If the event had set times we could limit the amount of in and out traffic and have it more like a show rather than a meet. There was plenty of street parking for spectators. Anyway, just sharing some thoughts.

On a different note, there seems to be some interest in a cruise down to Vegas for the BRE headquarters open house on April 7th. I know its a Datsun thing but thought I would post it. Here are some links:

We should do a small road trip/cruise for all of us up here. They are planning one on my Celica site, but they don't want to do it until 2015, that way people have time to get ready for it. I say we do a small one for us. Maybe drive somewhere, stay the night and come home. I think an overnight road trip would be a blast with all the guys that showed up to the meet. :D

Nate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Foxau2 wrote:
toydatto wrote:

We should do a small road trip/cruise for all of us up here. They are planning one on my Celica site, but they don't want to do it until 2015, that way people have time to get ready for it. I say we do a small one for us. Maybe drive somewhere, stay the night and come home. I think an overnight road trip would be a blast with all the guys that showed up to the meet. :D

Nate

I would be game for something like that. Even if it's as simple as a Wendover run.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:50 am 

UtahSleeper wrote:
I should probably stop by that park just to see what it's like.

If you can't make it out there, you can look at it on Google Earth or Maps and get a pretty good idea of it. I think we could have one more meet at that park before outgrowing it.

Here's what I've been thinking about:

- Maybe we have JDMLs open house on April 14th.

- Then the UVU show on May 19th at Thanksgiving Point would be cool to have a good j-tin showing.

- Then we just need to plan to show up at free car shows throughout the summer. There are "cruise nights" around the valley nearly every week from April to October. Usually 3 hours in the evening during the week at a given location. They tend to be classic American but I think it would be cool to have several J-tinners show up and show the regulars something new. Last May, the one in Jordan Landing had over 150 cars. The venue and the space is there, all we have to do is show up. They are always held around places to eat. We could just choose a few and plan to all show up. Nice and easy. Here's a list of the cruise nights and shows for the year:
http://thanks2frank.com/car%20show%20dates%202009.html

-We will still keep planning our big exclusive meet, maybe hold it in August again. Going to these other shows throughout the summer will probably spread the word and add to our big event. We could even advertise on flyers and our cars. Still doesn't solve our venue issue but we can work toward that. We do a once a year big show and then attend other events throughout the year. We mainly want to just meet up anyway.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am 
JNC Enthusiast

You might be right on doing the big meet later. There are meets to attend this summer and may be best to end the summer with the best cars :)

I am game for whatever people decide, I just want to get my car out more and meets/shows are the perfect excuse to fix stuff and get out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm 

I agree, I was going to mention that earlier. Generally the weather in April is really unpredictable and it's the wettest month of the year so it would be better to have it in mid to late summer. Plus that gives us more time to plan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm 

Bonneville Speedweek insecond week in August is always epic! I camp out (with hundreds of other car guys/gals) and watch the first day of racing on Saturday. We could all camp together, check out the racing all day/big car show the Friday night before opening day in Wendover and drive back sat evening. I've done that for the last 4 years and always wanted people to go out there with. I've been bugging Eric at JDML the last 2 years to go check it out and bring a hako for some awesome photos. If you don't mind washing salt off when you get home. :) Here's some photos I've taken.

Some amazing race cars (many vintage jap cars too!) show up to go FAST and tons of hot rodders show up from all over the country. Would be great to see some old japanese cars show up to enjoy car culture at its finest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:48 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

If my car is more trustworthy by then, I wouldn't mind doing that.

Not sure about the salt though. I still dont trust my wiring, so I dont wash my car much lol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:49 pm 

sorry if im lost,is the j-tin set for april 14th? :?

82 yota te72 wago daily- viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21317 -

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 11 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next