#
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: salt city tinners
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:00 am 

I am planning on going. I have heard of some other tinners that may be attending also. I haven't seen any info on registration or fees so I am just going to show up and see what happens. I live in Murray if anyone wants to meet and cruise together. Looks like the weather should be decent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I will PM as it gets closer. If my car behaves then I would like to cruise up there with another tinner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 pm 

Hey guys, sorry for the slow reply on this. I'm still planning on bringing out the KGC10 but I've been dealing with getting a few other cars out of the shop this week and I need to try to get the brake lights working on that car before I take it out. Just once I would like to get one of these cars that wasn't riddled with electrical issues :wink: I'll be coming down from NSL so I won't be able to meet up beforehand but if all goes well I'll see you there. We could probably have a little end of the season meet up here at JDML if you guys are into it.... we'll talk about it Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 pm 

Bummed I missed this meet back in August. I get my fix by seeing JDM L once in awhile. So, I don't see a website or blog for Salt City Tinners? I'd love to help put a blog together for fun to spread the Tinner love in the Utah area. I don't drive a classic yet. I'm seriously thinking about selling the WRX and picking up something old, its gotta be fairly reliable from the get go, but I'm up for some basic project stuff.
Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi. It's great to see a mini movement of Classic Japanese cars in Utah. I'd like to go to the carBQ, not likely with some baseball games for my son that day up in Ogden. But, I'm up for helping out however I can with the next meet.
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 am 

I'll be there, I think most of us are meeting at Cars-n-coffee on Redwood and about 5900 S and driving up from there. I hope that we will all get to park together, it would be nice to have all the J-tin parked in one spot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 am 

Cool, it's sounds like we'll be seeing some nostalgic representation out there. And BTW, I forgot to mention if anyone is coming from up North you're more than welcome to meet up at JDML beforehand.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:03 pm 

Lets do a meet at your shop before winter comes. I'm loving the weather now but I'm sure it's getting close to winter and i'll have to garage my roadster at my parents or something. I don't want my subaru out in the snow all winter, I feel bad enough that it got kicked out of the garage this summer again. I need more garage space.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:36 am 
JNC Enthusiast

So, any news on a last meet? Small I assume if it happens.

Figure we still need to try since there were not many at the last cars and coffee.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:08 pm 

Time to have a winter meet at JDM Legends new location once Eric and Ryan get settled after the new year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:33 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Where is the new location? If we continue to not have snow, I may be able to drive my car out there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:34 pm 

Not sure, guessing in the salt lake valley somewhere. Eric posted some pics of the move on the blog if you hadn't seen it yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 pm 

Where is the new location? I saw the blog but no new address.

hey Eric, I'm down to help out with the move if you need anything. I can get truck and trailers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 pm 

Hey I guess I'm in this club now. Gonna be having some JDML help on my build, hope to meet all you guys soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:18 pm 

Cool man! What do you drive? What is your project? Pics?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

And have you started a project thread yet? If this weather keeps up with this half ass winter we may need to setup a small meet for us JDM types to meet and chat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:56 pm 

I've got a 73 TE27 Mango Corolla. I'm not sure if external links are allowed, but since I'm too lazy to resize all my pictures, I'm just going to link to my build blog if that's cool with you guys. It's going to be a bit of work, especially since this is my first car I'm building up.

corollrat.blogspot.com

Looking forward to seeing what else people have got around this here Valley. I live in Sugarhouse, and have seen in particular one very nice blue 510, and there is a 1st gen RX7 I always see parked at it's house up on 21st S. Let's show all these damn WRX's how a real Japanese car looks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 am 

Very nice Corolla! Can't wait to see it in person. If the blue 510 had black BRE stripes, his name is Ryan (5dimer on Utah Nissans and Ratsun.net) Can't remember if he is on here. It has a KA and he drives it everywhere. If it wasn't that blue 510, I don't know of it but would like to see it. :)

And Utahsleeper is right about this crazy winter we are having. We should pick a date for a small 'cars and coffee' like get together. Just something small while we are waiting for something bigger.

I know JDM Legends is quite busy with the move and their increased business but I'm sure Eric will chime in here sooner or later.

I guess we can start planning for another major event too, maybe in April?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:20 pm 

I didn't get a good look at the stripes, just a very nice paint job as I drove past. I honked, but I don't think my attention was properly received, as I was just driving my tacoma past a very long line of cars backed up on 13th E.

This winter has been pretty strange, but I'm not complaining since I am foregoing my snowboarding hobby for the time being. Hopefully carport storage won't ruin my car in the next few months until I can move into a place with a garage. Can't wait to start toolin around town in that thing though. Gotta hand it to SLC, there is a good car culture here.

Hopefully this weather holds out and an event can come together, it'd be awesome to see what everyone else is packing, so to speak.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I am hoping to finish up a few of my small projects on my rolla in the coming weeks. I will probably throw at some random date then, if no one else does, for a meet. And it wouldn't matter if you have the rolla running. Just show up and get to know people :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:24 pm 

I'm down for a mini-meet, (weather permitting). It's been a while since I have hung out with any of my car friends.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next