#
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: salt city tinners
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:26 pm 

That was fun, I must have talked too much because i didn't take very many pictures. It was nice seeing everyone there and meeting everyone. It was way bigger than i thought it would be, it had a really good turn out. I even went back a little after 8 to pick up something my kids left there and there were still new people showing up. Here are a few pix.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:32 pm 

this was an amazing event.

quite awesome to fill a lot with so many old cars and fill the streets with the support groups.

im exhausted but man was that great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:30 pm 

thanks Derek for getting this going, it was tons of fun. Next time i guess we better do a bigger parking lot, who would have guess that we would have almost 40 cars show up. I just wish i would have taken more pictures now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 pm 

What an awesome show! I was blown away by the number of cars that showed up. I wish I had had some more time to take in more car details and talk to old and new friends. I still didn't meet everyone I wanted to. We will definitely have to do this again soon.

I can't really improve on Utah Sleeper's shots but I will add a few more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 am 

There has been a really good response to the meet on other furums and people are already asking when the next one is going to be.

SLC J-Tinners meet 2.0 2011!

I'll start making the t-shirts and flyers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:03 am 

I was thinking the same thing this morning. That the next meet should be more of a show that lasts a little longer, more organized and even better publicized (flyers etc.) I'm sure there are some closet Japanese fans in the sea of American hot rods and muscle cars out there. I have graphic design background so if you want to collaborate just let me know.

Props again to Derek for getting the whole thing off the ground. We are really on to something now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 am 

We could set somthing up. I know Eric got a lot of attention with his car there and i know a few other people with shops that would sponsor an event or help out. I have never been but the Euro SL, UT fest is huge and looks really fun, they have awards, booths and food and usually a few hundred cars. I know there are a lot less japanese classics but I was surprised that we were able to bring out so many. I'm sure if we all put connections together we could pull it off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm 

Great meet guys! I didn't get a chance to talk with everyone I would have liked to but I met some great people, and re-connected with some old friends. Thanks again to all of you that had a part in putting this together.

JDM Legends would be more than happy to support the next one as well. My vote would be for sometime in the fall before everyone puts their cars up for winter hibernation. We can host it here at the shop if you guys like and maybe if we're lucky we'll have a couple of hakosukas next time :)

I put a little of my weak coverage up on the blog here: http://www.jdmlegends.com/blog/?p=2304

I hope none of you mind if I used a couple of your pics that were much better than the complete lack of pictures I took.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:08 pm 

circuitlife86 wrote:
Great meet guys! I didn't get a chance to talk with everyone I would have liked to but I met some great people, and re-connected with some old friends. Thanks again to all of you that had a part in putting this together.

JDM Legends would be more than happy to support the next one as well. My vote would be for sometime in the fall before everyone puts their cars up for winter hibernation. We can host it here at the shop if you guys like and maybe if we're lucky we'll have a couple of hakosukas next time :)

I put a little of my weak coverage up on the blog here: http://www.jdmlegends.com/blog/?p=2304

I hope none of you mind if I used a couple of your pics that were much better than the complete lack of pictures I took.

No problem with using my pics.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 pm 

Wish I could have met you. That seems to be the biggest complaint: that the event could have been longer for more pics and chatting.

Hopefully we can hook up at JCCS. -Duane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:36 pm 

Found some more coverage of the show. Nice pics and video:

http://camautomag.com/japanese-classic-car-show/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:13 pm 

Well this thread has been a little dormant lately so here goes: There has been talk of having another get together but it is getting late in the year. Maybe we need an informal meeting somewhere before the snow flies to discuss a larger get together in the spring. Personally I would like to see a full blown show with a set time period. A mini Salt Lake JCCS. We would have flyers and plenty of advertisement. Maybe go so far as to have people's choice style recognitions, (not necessarily awards)? We got 40+ this time and I would think there are still plenty more tinners out there lurking. An afternoon/evening would still work but make sure there was enough time to meet everyone and see the cars. (the little rain storm did not help the cause last time.) :D

The first meeting came together more efficiently than any other forum I have ever seen so I'm sure we can come up with something. This is a great group of car enthusiasts. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:47 pm 

IM down. BUT wont be at anything this year. would love to do something next year after march :>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:53 am 

We will definitely consider your schedule. Your car was a favorite! Hope all is well in Qatar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 am 
JNC Enthusiast

My car may be legal, but if there is water on the ground I wont be driving it. Just sucks my car missed the one meet.

I would be down to attend something in march as my car drives and just needs a tune.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 am 

PICS????

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:58 am 

I'm down for another one whenever you guys decide... I'm actually bringing a couple of cars down to a little meet that's going on here:

Energy Solutions Arena
301 W. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT
Date/Time:
Saturday, October 15 · 12:00pm - 4:00pm

It's a little car-b-q sorta thing... not really biased towards any type of car. I'm trying to bring down one of the new hakosukas we just brought in as well as Ryan's green GC10 and Brody's DR30. It would be cool to have a little representation from some of the local JNC crowd at the meet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:24 am 

^ I had heard about this but I couldn't find a lot of info on it. Is it just a show up kind of meet or is there registration involved? I am interested in going.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:53 am 
JNC Enthusiast

stony wrote:
PICS????

Of what?

And that meet could be nice. If the weather allows I would like to attend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:21 am 
JNC Enthusiast

So, is anyone planning on attending the car-b0que thing on saturday? Was thinking of going if weather allows and if I can get my main relay to quit cutting out.

Any other details on this? (cover fee, food, etc)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 18   [ 358 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next