#
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: keeping the old school alive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:15 pm 

thank you all for attending our first show, it was alot of hard work and a learning experience but very fun non the less. blownb310 is right, what happened to the other auto makes? im glad the one civic showed up (showing these young cats what an old school honda really is) and the few datsuns, nissans, and one starion also. im just glad that everyone had fun. please make suggestions of what we should have done different and what you did not like so that we can give you a bigger and better show next year. once again , thank you all for your support.

did you guys get to see that custom chopped 510 wagon, that thing was sick and unique. may not be everyones flavor, but he knocked it out the park with that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:58 pm 

@terolla - hey, not bad for a first time! 'Knowing old school Japanese cars are hard to find around here. :tu: :tu:

Btw, here's the custom chopped 510 wagon.. my wife can't take her eyes off it! SooOo cute she said :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 pm 

Not sure why there wasn't a better turnout for the "other" makes, but the show was geared a bit towards Toyotas (not that that's a bad thing, I loved the show). I know it's run by a Toyota club, but maybe having a few categories for the other brands out there could help turnout?

Next year I'll try and bring a few other people with Hondas with me, but there were a large amount of mechanical troubles popping up this year for some reason.

Post subject: Re: keeping the old school alive
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:40 pm 

terolla wrote:
thank you all for attending our first show, it was alot of hard work and a learning experience but very fun non the less.
I have to say that for a first time event, I was impressed with how well it was organized. You had many dedicated volunteers coordinating the morning registration and getting us all parked quickly on the show ground. The announcer was a hoot too. It's obvious that he's really into the old school scene. He made the awards very entertaining. Nice job. :tu:

terolla wrote:
blownb310 is right, what happened to the other auto makes?
I will promote the event and let other Japanese car forums know well in advance next year. I've promoted various classic car events over the years and have never gotten any of the Subaru guys on the Historic Subaru forums to come out. I can't understand it.

It will only get bigger next year. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:23 am 

Looking forward to next years show....i will have the 210's interior done by then. :tu:

Post subject: Show
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 pm 

This was a great event. I enjoyed how tastefully modded all the classics were; and the different models. I'm hoping for more of turnout for next year event, and I'm currently also working on a Classic Import Track Day for any who are interested. I would love to see these cars actually go around a track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 am 

So sad Im in the Bronx and I had no idea until after I saw the pics on JNC! :evil:

Next year im in there like swimwear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm 

Dont worry we are in the works for this years show it should be bigger and better as soon as we book a date we will post it up thanks for all the support we have been getting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:54 pm 

turbopoint8 wrote:
Dont worry we are in the works for this years show it should be bigger and better as soon as we book a date we will post it up thanks for all the support we have been getting.
Excellent! Looking forward to it.

Mike

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:23 am 

turbopoint8 wrote:
I'm really hoping to have a northeastern show to participate in this year. Will there be a 2011 event?

Mike

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2