#
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Our OSJCs and Grassroots Motorsports Magazine...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 pm 

So the latest issue of GRM had a little spot in it advertising for The Mitty coming up in May and the headlining picture they used was a picture of some of our group's cars. Members of this site in the picture are puregroove (green Toyota wagon) and myself (gray Honda Civic). Thought this was kind of cool that they put our guys in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:03 pm 

Remember one thing, GRM does not part ways with anyone on friendly terms.

We stopped advertising with them and they immediately started telling everyone that we were no longer in business. We had no ill words, just weren't seeing any return on advertising dollars spent and didn't renew. It's really a shame, they never pulled the bait and switch or double billing stuff that Primedia and McMullen/Argus pulled, but it had to cost more to deal with the GRM misinformation than we ever spent on ads with them.

They are the best rent-a-friends that money can buy. This week they might be telling everyone to go to your show, next week they might be telling everyone there is no show.

Last edited by jt191 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:41 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

And they bought out Subiesport in november.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:37 pm 

JT191 wrote:

We stopped advertising with them and they immediately started telling everyone that we were no longer in business. We had no ill words, just weren't seeing any return on advertising dollars spent and didn't renew. It's really a shame, they never pulled the bait and switch or double billing stuff that Primedia and McMullen/Argus pulled, but it had to cost more to deal with the GRM misinformation than we ever spent on ads with them.

They are the best rent-a-friends that money can buy. This week they might be telling everyone to go to your show, next week they might be telling everyone there is no show.

Not sure I'm following, but this isn't an ad for our show. This is an ad for their show. The Mitty is a weekend of historic car racing at Road Atlanta put on by Classic Motorsports Magazine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:03 am 

JT191 wrote:

A little background info. on who you are and did they actually print that you were out of businesss? Just wondering.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 pm 

bitbycarbug wrote:
JT191 wrote:

A little background info. on who you are and did they actually print that you were out of businesss? Just wondering.....

I am unclear about how the identity of the victim is relevant to the crime committed. The content of the previous post and this post contain details that quite clearly could not be made up.

Grass Roots Motorsports published false and misleading information on their website. In multiple places, they stated that our company was no longer in business. This was brought to the attention of Tim Suddard, who had in the past presented himself as a friend. I've met with Tim personally, shook his hand, and spent an afternoon talking with him. But in this situation, Tim hid behind his wife, who flatly refused to remove the false and misleading content from the GRM website. Marjorie's response was that this was "your problem with the big bad people on the internet".
This was of course followed by more advertising solicitations from Mr. Schroeder.

Quite frankly, I'd like to return the favor to GRM by paying to have articles placed in national newspapers heralding GRM's bankruptcy, because they did nothing less to us. But it will be much more entertaining to wait for them to go under on their own, just like SCC and Turbo. I'm patient, I'll stand by the river and watch for more corpses to float by (Sun Tsu, The Art of War).

If the details above are not persuasive without revealing the identity of the victim, then perhaps this all can be chocked up to a "problem with the big bad people on the internet".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:43 am 

JT191 wrote:
The content of the previous post and this post contain details that quite clearly could not be made up.

As vague as all this is, it's very plausible that it could be made up.

Aside from that, I didn't design this thread for the attacks and accusations on GRM. This was to promote what they are promoting. with our old school Japanese cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 am 

qdseeker wrote:
I didn't design this thread for the attacks and accusations on GRM. This was to promote what they are promoting. with our old school Japanese cars.

My comment was only meant as a caution that you are dealing with a group of people who have behaved in a less than honest way in the past toward at least one other person in the Japanese nostalgic community. I expanded on that caution only when prodded to do so.

I would have offered the same caution if you had mentioned that you were going to spend money with someone who had stolen from me or if you had mentioned that you were going to purchase a product that I had a negative experience with. I would hope everyone here would do the same thing and we could all benefit from other's experiences and avoid being taken advantage of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:27 am 

JT191 wrote:
My comment was only meant as a caution that you are dealing with a group of people who have behaved in a less than honest way in the past toward at least one other person in the Japanese nostalgic community.

You're not understanding. I'm not "dealing" with anyone. This was a random pic that THEY chose to put up with their article.

JT191 wrote:
I expanded on that caution only when prodded to do so.

Not much so.

If you want to slam them, do so in another thread, please.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]