#
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Need some ideas
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:15 pm 

I need some help for ideas.

Puget Sound Toyota Owners will be putting on an all Japanese show in May. We want to celebrate the Japanese cars not as a 'tuning scene' or sub culture but as a historical view of all things automotive from Japan. We will be featuring bikes, cars and trucks.

That all being said, I'm up a creek for ideas on what to call the show. We want to convey some elegance but not concours level, we want it to be welcoming and inviting but classical and serious.

My japanese is limited but thought we could use a Japanese word in the title but it would have to be something easy to define or explain and something the average joe wont look at and get turned off thinking its a ricer show.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:42 pm 

How 'bout:

"Vintage Japanese Steel Showcase" :mrgreen:

Does not sound like rice...and it's easy to understand. Just my .02 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:17 pm 

Going off of Capitol15's idea....how about Japanese Heritage Transportation Showcase?

www.g1teg.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:18 pm 

i like that idea. Showcase is a great word.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Japanese Historical Motor Vehicle Extravaganza

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:10 pm 

Taking a little bit from everyone:

"Japanese Historical Vehicle Showcase"

That's it...it is a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Japanese Automotive Tin Show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:34 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Super Vehicular Surprise Party 3!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 am 

Most Excellent Japanese Giant Robot Show

Japanese Science Ninja Transportation Festival

Magical Transportation Queen Hakosuka-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:11 am 

Drive Drive Revolution 3

thanks guys for all the ideas, I'm going to bring them up on our board and see what folks have to say!

Post subject: Re: Need some ideas
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:05 am 
JNC Enthusiast

ohcanada_00 wrote:
I need some help for ideas.

Puget Sound Toyota Owners will be putting on an all Japanese show in May. We want to celebrate the Japanese cars not as a 'tuning scene' or sub culture but as a historical view of all things automotive from Japan. We will be featuring bikes, cars and trucks.

That all being said, I'm up a creek for ideas on what to call the show. We want to convey some elegance but not concours level, we want it to be welcoming and inviting but classical and serious.

My japanese is limited but thought we could use a Japanese word in the title but it would have to be something easy to define or explain and something the average joe wont look at and get turned off thinking its a ricer show.

Any ideas?

Well, as one of the people that came up with the term 'Toyotafest' way back in 2000/2001 here's my 2cents worth...

Since you say "...want to celebrate the Japanese cars not as a 'tuning scene' or sub culture but as a historical view of all things automotive from Japan," I suggest you keep the name as much to the point as possible. One problem is cool funky catch names, especially with Japanese words, may alienate a lot of people. One of the things to remember is we want to bring these events to everyone's awareness, not just our subculture. Since you want to include motorcycles and trucks along with the cars, your title should reflect that. What do these all have in common? 1) they are all Japanese, 2) they are all Motor Vehicles, 3) this event is a Historical perspective - and so Japanese Historical Motor Vehicle... Extravaganza, Showcase, Show, Festival or whatever else might fit.

Some food for thought... If the name works for you, it's good, if it doesn't, I'm sure you'll come up with something else. One thing that I've found over the years is that in some regards this can be a competative field, and by that, I'm talking about the organizing of car shows. A lot of people feel certain things are their ideas, and not to be shared. If you have an 'organizing committee' you should get together and brainstorm and keep lines of communication going between you. If you are just one person, then best keep things to yourself until the time is right. Some people will say I'm stupid for trying to help someone else come up with a name for their show, but I'm the kind of guy that trusts other people and I enjoy helping out in whatever ways I can. Sometimes we get hurt helping others, but more often than not we are rewarded with the satisfaction that we did the right thing. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:06 pm 

I really appreciate your point of view and your logic.

As a promoter of car shows and organizer for many years now, there are just challenges everywhere and very few people in the biz are willing to help out or lend a hand. Its shocking really when someone does.

I think it's interesting your point of view because it seems to run similar to mine. Yes I might want to raise some dolalrs for the club in the process of doing a show but the ultimate goal is to let the public get a glimpse of our world. It's more about sharing our passion and love and knowledge than anything and not so much about profits and greed. I understand but am still amazed how many people dont believe anyone does anything anymore just for the passion of doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm 

Ahh yes...the ones that do not believe Lovin' cars is a passion...I say Shame on you!!!! Great points of view on the name for your show.

"Japanese Historic Motor Vehicle Showcase" .....the name has my vote. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:50 pm 
Administrator

One important thing to keep in mind is to make the name short, catchy and easy to remember. We have enough trouble with a 3-word name like Japanese Nostalgic Car.

Having said that, I'd like to see the word Nostalgic in there somewhere :).

Barring that, "Meeting" and "-Festa" are two common words found in Japanese car shows. Good luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]