PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:24 pm 

it's only cool when spelled "Herra Frush"

:lol:

BTW the rusted BMW is SICK! :tu:

http://www.myspace.com/abandonaugust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:51 pm 

further reflection....

those headlights are the thing that riles me up the most..
fixed lens replacements are only cool when done right.
like this

and especially this!

http://www.myspace.com/abandonaugust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:19 am 

zukiru wrote:
fixed lens replacements are pretty much universially ugly compared to the original pop ups. here are some examples.

Fixed :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:15 am 

The whole thought process behind their site and this are totally different. Whilst all for something different, all that site does in my mind, is remind me each to their own, and that I'm never gonna see some things the way they do. I just look at and think "whatever blows your hair back mate..."but for me that sure ain't it. I'm not a fan at all. I laugh at that, but then they may do the same with my rides.

Rollins and toyotageek are on the money. They think they are really cool, and let them live in their thinking that- even if we think it is absolute rubbish.

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:44 am 

Good God but that 6 is the sexiest damn thing I've ever seen in my entire life... :shock: :shock: :shock:

shane_lxi wrote:
Now just to throw this out there, I like cosmetic rust too... it has it's place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:11 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

both of those cars are beautiful, in entirely different ways.

Post subject: why make a car look like that on purpose
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:05 pm 

Man after seeing that All i need to see now is an old datsun or toyota pickup dropped, wide wheels and tires and have a 2x4 bolted on for a rear bumper. Now thats class. In any event its one thing of the car is under construction and being worked on. A natural hard life says more that "trying" to make it look old and used.
The S2000 isnt that bad if he was going to have the bumper installed soon. but to leave it without is bad. The AE86 was just plain wrong. Why??? Somebody needs to be shot for that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 pm 
Administrator

The owner of the s2k gets some cool points for not caring and driving around w/ his bumper missing. However, the car itself is not really cool and doesn't deserve some of the praise it's been getting in the comments.

That 86 is just waaaaaaay over the top. From what I have gathered by reading the comments, the driver seems to be a regular weekend warrior, but some of the tackiness seems to be there just for show. To this I say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:24 pm 
JNC Fanatic

shane_lxi wrote:
both of those cars are beautiful, in entirely different ways.

x2. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:07 am 
JNC Enthusiast

^ Thanks for the quote, but please understand I was talking about the bimmers. I still hold strong that the ae86 is the result of a misguided japancarstylefan trying hard to mad-max his corolla and the s2k got too much credit for the owner being lazy and lacking serious style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:17 am 
JNC Fanatic

shane_lxi wrote:
^ Thanks for the quote, but please understand I was talking about the bimmers. I still hold strong that the ae86 is the result of a misguided japancarstylefan trying hard to mad-max his corolla and the s2k got too much credit for the owner being lazy and lacking serious style.

As was I talking about the Bimmers. I have many pictures of both of those cars, and I do love them for different reasons.

I'm with you still, if you didn't see my post above. :tu: I don't care for the corolla, I like the bumperless S2K except the rest is too boring and I hate S2Ks to begin with. :shrug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:46 am 

Everyone has their own styling preferences. I'm with Toyotageek.

I'm sure I'll get varied reactions with my rat rod "inspired" build. But I'm okay with that. It's a total budget build. I'm banging out my own dents, leaving the multiple trim holes and rattle cans all the way..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:25 am 

Finally back. I read through all the comments and see much of the same feelings I have. I rarely ever open my mouth about other people rides. I'm the guy who will tell the fellow it looks great when in my head I'm totally not feeling it, but those are people who just have bad taste and mean no harm. If I saw this dudes 86 at an event i would simply walk right by it rolling my eyes. To each his own, but to see so much internet praise scares me. If this style gets trendy we are going to have a lot of classics turn to junkers, by the owners hands! The owner is supposed to be the provider, not the executioner. When the hell did nice cars get so boring that people have to deliberately shred and hack them? He's a drift warrior, so what? Did drifting accidents prompted him to rivet a wavy piece of scrap metal to his roof and cut his fenders in half? Garbage. He tries too hard.

The S2k, Same feelings as others. I have NO problem with someone driving w/o a bumper cause they cracked it up and don't have the funds for a new one yet. It's speedhunters that I throw the stone at for having the balls to call this car "best of show", "full of attitude and presence", then post 3 different angles of it! Give it a rest!

So I will now peacefully move on with my week and hopefully not have to add another link to this thread any time in the near future about SH. Thanks for all your thoughts and to clear my name as a hater. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:07 am 

I think very soon, it will officially be cool to deliberately drive your car into a tree to simulate hardcore drift damage :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:35 am 
JNC Enthusiast

kev wrote:
I think very soon, it will officially be cool to deliberately drive your car into a tree to simulate hardcore drift damage :lol:

Arggggghhhhhh!!!! Dont give them any ideas!

I have long thought that drifters couldnt be real car guys. I cringe of the thought of taking a nice old piece of metal that has survived 20+ years and hurtiling sideways at 80mph straight towards a wall. Vintage racing is one thing, drifting a nice old car I see as kind of wreckless!

I agree with most here though, an old car in its natural form is beautiful, one hacked and cut like that 86 is vomit inducing! VDO's celica looks like it will be a winner though! Keep it up!

As Drew pointed out I have a few older cars myself that are far from perfect, but original down to the paint from 41 years ago. Show car? No. In my opinion though, way more interesting and they will NEVER be painted!

'83 Sapporo Technica; '84 Starion ES; '80 Colt; '79 Cressida
'91 RX7 convertible; '68 Camaro SS 350 convertible; '71 NSU 1200c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:36 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I was gonna get involved in this discussion, but decided against it, my reply was way too long winded and involved too much history type stuff. Anyway, VDO, if you want to rock 15 steel wheels that look stock, look for spare tires out of the MX73 cressida...

I stumbled across this transporting my newest buy to the shop. Took a month or so, but I figured out what it went to. Now just to find two more and complete the set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:06 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

TSiSS350 wrote:
I have long thought that drifters couldnt be real car guys. I cringe of the thought of taking a nice old piece of metal that has survived 20+ years and hurtiling sideways at 80mph straight towards a wall. Vintage racing is one thing, drifting a nice old car I see as kind of wreckless!

Haha, says the guy with a dirt rally avatar :P. Show me a motor sport that isnt reckless or hard on a car. To deny these classic machines make great track cars is irresponsible in itself. I think it's great to see a nostalgic getting tracked personally. A track car is it's own kind of show car, and there's a place in drifting for new cars as well as old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

shane_lxi wrote:
Haha, says the guy with a dirt rally avatar :P. Show me a motor sport that isnt reckless or hard on a car. To deny these classic machines make great track cars is irresponsible in itself. I think it's great to see a nostalgic getting tracked personally. A track car is it's own kind of show car, and there's a place in drifting for new cars as well as old.

Haha, nice call....... BUT, that is a true beater, a $200 special with a slight tweak in the subframe and rust in the quarters.

I do agree that it is great to see nostalgics out mixing it up in vintage racing, I even traveled to Atlanta a few years back for the Mitty when it featured vintage j-tin. I guess I am a bit of a traditionalist and maybe that clouds my views on drifting, but it seems to me to be the motorsport with the highest attrition rates. Most coverage you see shows an 86, or a 240sx/silvia backed into a wall. I am willing to bet that more vintage cars have been wadded up drifting in the past year then have been in the past ten years of Vintage racing.
Or maybe it is just me, and I don't get the sport of drifting. :mrgreen:

'83 Sapporo Technica; '84 Starion ES; '80 Colt; '79 Cressida
'91 RX7 convertible; '68 Camaro SS 350 convertible; '71 NSU 1200c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

^
It's mostly ae86's and s13's that get f'd when it comes to drifting. Most of the people who have it together enough to truly be into nostalgic jtin have it together enough to move past the initial d bull and actually drive responsibly and skillfully. Granted it's a high risk sport, I think alot of the people who rush in with an ae or s chassis think that having one of these platforms makes them a drifter automatically, so it's mostly these people who recklessly enter corners without properly reading their cars.

And yes I do drive and s13, lol.

vdo_game_junkie wrote:

Sick 8)

Reminds me of my friend Pat's old '69 pl521 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:47 pm 

Ok you guys have convinved me. I'm going to unbolt the Hako bumpers and reattach them with cable ties. In fact I will unbolt several random things around the car and reattach them with cable ties so that I look like I spend all my money on drift tyres.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 7   [ 132 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next