#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Shows/Meets/Events in Japan? - June 2013
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:17 am 

(I'll try again over in this section of the forum)

I've sorted a trip to Japan from the UK. There is now a set date (May 30th - June 10th), but I can head out easier or stay longer if it's worth waiting for something.

I'd like to time the trip with some car events, no matter how small. Ideally around Tokyo but potentially Nagoya. It'll be my first trip so all a bit daunting.

Is there a Calender anywhere (on here, or elsewhere) showing the upcoming events of the year just for Japan, so I can plan my trip more accurately. Or any suggestions of places to go, things to do and see etc etc etc?

Many Thanks,
Conor.

(Anyone need an UK parts or Candy etc? lol)

Post subject: Re: Shows/Meets/Events in Japan? - June 2013
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 am 

See this thread for stuff to see:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13654

As for shows, mooneyes always seems to have something going on if you check the site. Also check out events in Yokohama, as that seems to be a popular city for regular car doings...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:13 am 

Thank you very much! I'll have a look through.

Still not sure where to go even for non car related thigns to do!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 am 

For non-car related things I used this site a bit http://www.japan-guide.com/ gives you an easy way to sort through the most popular things, as well as a few lesser known. It is a tourist guide, so take ratings with a grain of salt. Best of luck! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:51 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Con2K wrote:
Still not sure where to go even for non car related thigns to do!!

Not everyone goes straight for the cliches on their first visit. Others I've known have gone completely off-list with this sort of stuff:
http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16263

Entirely viable, and depending on your inclination possibly more rewarding than long-lensing cosplay at Harajuku, feeling awkward in a maid cafe in Akiba, or gawking at neon in Shibuya. Particularly as the destination is merely an excuse to get out, with many things on the way making the journey worthwhile. Neko.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:04 am 

Last time I was there, if I didn't have something specific planned, I would just hop on a train outbound from Tokyo and get off at random stops to wander around. Always something interesting and you get away from some of the tourists (though I was sometimes amazed that there were other gaijin out in the middle of nowhere in terms of general sightseeing). And though I was unable to make calls with my iphone, the map still worked so I wasn't worried about not being able to find my way back to the same station I arrived at. If you don't want to leave Tokyo metro, you can do the same on the JR...just get off at random stops on the loop and wander. No shortage of things to see in Tokyo...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 am 

Well I am a tad nervous, Quite a big trip! It's probably just excitement. I love travelling. Unsure of a plan day to day but i'm sure that'll fall into place. I really wanted to get some of the classic car shops out of the way early in the trip. I have a map app on my iphone for viewing offline so it should be OK to navigate with that.

Does anyone have any co-ordinates or addresses I can use to input some places onto my map app? I'd really appreciate it. I'd prefer to get to a few places rather than spend 3 hrs looking for it and find I missed it only one street away. Seems a waste of a day approaching it like that.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]