#
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Awesome day!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 am 

So yesterday i went with some friends in a 1976 Celica liftback (sitting in the backseat was hell) to go look at a Datsun 510 that one of them might buy. The car was a bit rough obviously, but all the spare parts the owner Nick had is what blew my mind. If you buy the car for 3k, you get hundreds, & i mean hundreds of parts like, a classic woody Personal steering wheel, Classic Momo wheel with Datsun horn button, full set of rare fender flares, 2 rear ends, full set of Minilight wheels, oem Datsun 4 spoke wheels, doors, hoods, truck lids, vintage racing seats, oem reupholstered seats, grills, long headers & shorty's, 4 transmissions....i mean the list goes on & on. The entire upstairs of the garage was Datsun parts. I was just blown away by the amount of oem & rare parts this guy had.

Crazy thing was, this cat Nick was like in his late 60's, so you know he had stories. Come to find out, he used to race 510's back in the day & he saved some of the gutted body panels with the race livery's still on them that hung in his garage. Later on in his career, he was buying 510's just for the motors to use in his super modified (or something like that) short oval race car. What was even cooler was his buddy raced in all kinds of different series including the 1985 24hrs of Daytona with co-driver Terry Labonte & Nick was one of the mechanics. The car was a Corvette powered Lola T711 seen in the photo below. Nick's buddy started winning Championships in the early 60's & didn't stop winning them sometime in the 2000's. There were tons of photos & trophies to go along with the stories. Oh, & the best thing was, i was invited to the Vintage races these cats go to. I gave him my email last night & he already sent me all the info this morning :D

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1985/Daytona-1985-02-03-004.jpg

I snapped a few pics with my ****ty cell phone...

The 510

Twin Carb L Series

Rare set of fender flares

Woody Personal

Momo with Datsun button

Then afterwards we stopped by our friends new shop to check things out, this is his new SR that he's working on...

http://www.jaysperformanceparts.com/

If you want a partial parts list that the owner sent me, i can email you the .doc

Post subject: Re: Awesome day!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:15 pm 

My buddies 1976 Celica Liftback. Smiley bumpers & more JDM goodness including taillights coming soon...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 pm 

...If your friend buys it and wants to get rid of the four spokes, I might know what to do with them :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm 

Dachshund wrote:
...If your friend buys it and wants to get rid of the four spokes, I might know what to do with them :)

I bet you do..lol. They were in great shape.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]