#
It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Am I crazy for wanting a Kei car? (tall driver)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:50 am 

I'm a tall guy, but there is a part of me that just loves these tiny cars! But the problem is, I'm 6 foot 4. I have no idea if I'll even fit in one. I'd love to own a Honda Today, Suzuki Mightyboy, or a Nissan PAO.
Any tall guy on here ever try and squeeze into a kei car?
Should I not even bother trying to import one?

Or would I just end up sitting in the back seat?

Post subject: Re: Am I crazy for wanting a Kei car? (tall driver)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:59 pm 

Chris18t wrote:
I'm a tall guy, but there is a part of me that just loves these tiny cars! But the problem is, I'm 6 foot 4. I have no idea if I'll even fit in one. I'd love to own a Honda Today, Suzuki Mightyboy, or a Nissan PAO.

Some empirical evidence... :P

I am 6'3". I owned a Honda N600 for a minute, sold it because I couldn't physically drive it without serious modification to the car, or my legs.

A buddy had an Honda S600 coupe. I literally could not get in the door. The opening was too small for me to fold myself into it. I tried head first, then sit down, but couldn't get my legs in. And I am fairly limber.

I have driven a friend's Honda Z600. The drive lasted 5 minutes, it took maybe 2 more minutes to get in and out of the car, and it was the most uncomfortable 7 minutes of my life.

So... :mrgreen:

Now a first-gen Civic, I think you could swing that. But I'd steer you towards a 240Z or Celica. :tu:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:02 pm 

Another forum member Nakazoto is in the 6 foot range, and he has a Mitsubishi 360? I bet he has to fold himself into it, though... :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:19 am 

Chris18t wrote:
Should I not even bother trying to import one?

Or would I just end up sitting in the back seat?

The PAO isn't actually a Kei car, it's the next class up, with a 1.0 litre engine based on the Micra/March platform. I'd imagine you have a reasonable chance of squeezing into one, or at least of adapting it to get in.

The Today and Mighty Boy are Keis, I would imagine the Today is a better bet because it has a longer cabin, so you could probably extend the seat rails if needed to make space (?) The Mighty boy being a pickup is likely to be the hardest as there's nowhere for the seat to go back to, but I'm really guessing here.

In general, lots of Keis were made with very tall rooflines like the Suzuki Wagon R, which I'd think would be absolutely fine for a 6'4 driver; however these 'mini-minivan' style cars may not be what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:30 am 

Tons of room in a Mightyboy. They've got more room behind the seats than most fullsize Aussie Utes.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm 

Anyone have any experience in a Suzuki Alto Works? I would love to get one of those, Just would love to know if I can fit inside one!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]