#
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Dreaming of a corona in japan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 am 

well for months now i have been working on transporting my 1969 Toyota back to its original birth place, here in japan witch for the past eight years or so I have traveling back and forth. But this time around I am here to stay. I have established a life here with my wife and her family. I have extended my family of Toyotas by one, a 2002 Toyota caldina GT-four witch I have come to care for. It helps that only ten minutes away I have plenty of open mountain roads and a nearby race circuit. We haven’t been on the track yet but our adventures in the local mountains are good enough for now.
As I said earlier I have been working on transporting my 69 corona here to my new home. As of very recently it was a matter of a few consultations with the local shop that will taking care of all the arrangements (kool garage fellows) https://www.facebook.com/koolgaragefellows. To whom I was introduced to by a new friend who is a bit famous in the world of pin striping, Kobayashi Mikoto (http://www.mandkcustomsigns.com/)
As of now the corona sits in the backyard of my parents house in southern California. Loaded with over a thousand dollars in new parts from Carlyn dinkler. For witch us corona owners are very lucky is around.
Little by little the wheels are turning and the corona will be on a boat headed across the pacific and to a dream that I have had for the past four years.
Till next update

Post subject: Re: Dreaming of a corona in japan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am 

the good ol days

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm 

Cool! Okazaki is a beautiful place also

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:04 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Sweet! There is nothing as kakoii as repatriating a car back to Japan. How to become a minor celebrity, and smooth the way for shaken, shipping, and parts all in one easy lesson. I did one a few years ago (S800M), and we've just started another this week (GT-B), so I am sure yours will be as easy & enjoyable too.

Living in Okazaki too, you have to take it all the way back to the plant as well! Park it on the forecourt of the original main office building and take a photograph under the トヨタ sign. Ganbatte! Neko.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:46 pm 

yeah Okazaki is not so bad but i really like Toyota area a bit more. the roads are nicer and traffic isn't so bad and the natural scenery is beautiful.

yup have had plans to take the car back to one of the Toyota factories. i have only been to one witch was about three or four years ago now.from here
its only about thirty minutes.

a few months ago i was in Nagoya just wandering around and in the corner of my eye i spotted something shinny.
it was a 68 left hand drive corona. i walked around the car and noticed it was parked in a parking lot next to some kind of factory.
it was on a Sunday so it was the only car so i wondered into the factory. i peaked inside the factory floor an through another door came in a man.
i politely asked about the corona parked outside and he said that it was his car.
we talked for a while and i took a bunch of pictures with my Nikon.
i later found out that he had just bought the car after searching for ten or so years for a manual left hand drive corona.
he had just sold his 69 left hand drive corona and it is still for sell out in Gamagori. i looked the car up and it is a bit expensive.
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcar ... index.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 pm 

cool picture i took the other day with a maccha corona

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:22 pm 

a cool article speedhunters did on fellows.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/09/coo ... stom-otaku

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]