#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 81   [ 1613 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 81  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:22 am 

Latka wrote:
I've only known about the Hakosuka (and Kenmeri) Skylines for a couple of years now, but ever since I first laid eyes on the Hakosuka I was determined to get one.

So - for some reason it was just tonight I stumbled across this forum while trying to show a friend some Hakosuka pictures. Fast forward an hour of reading - I've registered for the site and subscribed to the magazine. ;)

I'm on the island of O'ahu in Hawai'i, and to my knowledge there aren't any old Skylines out here yet. There was a US Marine that was supposed to head this way with one (this year?) but I lost track of him. Going to have to try to find out if he's here or not.

Love the writeups on your car, Kev. One of my big concerns was not having a workshop manual in English for the Hakosuka - looks like you found a wiring diagram though?

Keep up the good work! ...what are the specs on those huge steamroller sized tires by the way? :)

*waves* i'm on the other side of the h3! let me know if you come across a hako... my z could use some nostalgic company!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:17 am 

Ok, this is for Latka, who asked for some interior measurements of the cabin to see if he can fit :) So I thought this info could be useful to others.

B: from base of squab to the roof - 90cm
A: with seat all the way back, from base of squab to steering column - 49cm
C: from base of squab (seat all the way back) to un-depressed clutch pedal 93cm
D: from floor to steering column 51cm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:33 pm 

Thanks, Kev! Not only did 'ya take measurements, you made a purty li'l graph for me. :tu:

I'll have to check it out compared to our Infinity G35 sedan - I figure the Mini wouldn't be a fair comparison in this case. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:46 pm 

Latka wrote:
I'll have to check it out compared to our Infinity G35 sedan - I figure the Mini wouldn't be a fair comparison in this case. :)

I said it before and I'll say it again...the fact that a 6'6 guy can fit into a MINI but can't fit into some much larger cars is a testament to Alec Issigonis' pure genius :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 pm 

kev wrote:
the fact that a 6'6 guy can fit into a MINI but can't fit into some much larger cars is a testament to Alec Issigonis' pure genius :D

I flipped out first time I drove a buddy's Mini. Couldn't believe how roomy it was inside, and I'm 6'3". :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:36 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

kev wrote:
Latka wrote:

I said it before and I'll say it again...the fact that a 6'6 guy can fit into a MINI but can't fit into some much larger cars is a testament to Alec Issigonis' pure genius :D

lol yeah or a 6'4" tall guy fitting in a bug or even dare I say it a gen 1 subaru lol yeah gotta love the mini's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:43 am 

cool thread .did those z31 suspension inserts fit ok width wise and how much shorter were the struts after

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:09 am 

paranoid wrote:
cool thread .did those z31 suspension inserts fit ok width wise and how much shorter were the struts after

Width wise they were the same. Not so sure about exaclty how much shorter they were, but it turns out that the GM strut tops are about 20mm thicker than the Nissan ones, so I am more or less back at square one anyway :D

...don't worry, Plan B is in the works, just you wait and see :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 am 

cheers kev ,did they give you more camber and castor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:04 pm 

paranoid wrote:
cheers kev ,did they give you more camber and castor

The GM tops did, yes. Plan B will have even more however :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:01 pm 

Hey is this thing done yet? what's the hold up? j/k your doing a great job Kev your making me so jealous :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:28 pm 

dizmine2 wrote:
Hey is this thing done yet? what's the hold up? j/k your doing a great job Kev your making me so jealous :D

Whaddya mean making you jealous? At least your car runs Arnel :D

The status of things is that a new inlet manifold has been sourced, and is at the machine shop for porting. It's one of those situations where I'm asking a regular shop to do custom work and so it's been sitting on their "to-do" shelf for a few weeks while they attend to their regular work.

I'm hoping it's done this week, then I can button the engine back together....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:11 am 

kev wrote:
dizmine2 wrote:

Whaddya mean making you jealous? At least your car runs Arnel :D

I'm so jealous of all the new parts you've been buying for your car, I wish I can fly to japan and do the same.

Well yeah my car runs but I too have some issue with the carburator, the darn thing coughs and pop's. The funny thing is it runs great, its responsive and smooth, but the popping is very annoying. I've rebuilt it twice and I even sent it to "Rebello" to get it check and rebuilt again but the coughing just wont go away. Oh well I guess I just have to live with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm 

I had a similar issue with my Mini - turned out to the be points and cap / rotor. Maybe it's time for new wires / plugs / distributor cap / rotor / points?

(similar in that they were both carbs and popping - I know that your Hakosuka isn't running a single 1.5" SU carb) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:58 pm 

I would second that. If you still have points, I'd be looking in their direction.

And then throwing them in the trash bin and swapping in an electronic distributor. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:46 pm 

No my car came with an electronic distributor, new plugs wires caps rotors and adjusts the valves. and its a triple mikunis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:27 pm 

How are your fuel lines?

If all the electrical stuff is new and your carbs were recently rebuilt / set up...then it's gotta be something about the fuel getting there (at least in my mind that is)

Fuel, air, spark. That's why I like "old" cars. SO much less to deal with :) (edit - ok, so new cars need the same stuff...but you gotta hook up computers to diagnose the onboard computers and all that mumbo jumbo)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:49 pm 

dizmine2 wrote:
Well yeah my car runs but I too have some issue with the carburator, the darn thing coughs and pop's. The funny thing is it runs great, its responsive and smooth, but the popping is very annoying. I've rebuilt it twice and I even sent it to "Rebello" to get it check and rebuilt again but the coughing just wont go away. Oh well I guess I just have to live with it.

Is it a popping on idle or lower engine speeds? I have (and hopefully solved the problem now) on my Alfa. A paper seal of the intake manifold-flange was leaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:47 pm 

Latka....The gas tank was taken out and clean, I didn't do any thing to the fuel line but the clear fuel filter under the hood looks to be clean.

Omawari_san... new gasket between the manifold and carbs, but I still have the old gasket between the manifold and the head. Pops at idle and some times at cruising speed, the car runs great so I'm not too worry about it just a little embarassing at a stop when some one give me a thumbs up then then the darn thing starts popping :oops: I'll look into the gasket later on when I get a chance.

Hey kev I didn't mean too ride on your thread buddy. Thanks for all the input fellas, I probably wont touch the Hako until after JCCS any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:33 pm 

dizmine2 wrote:
Hey kev I didn't mean too ride on your thread buddy. Thanks for all the input fellas, I probably wont touch the Hako until after JCCS any way.

No worries, you're welcome here Arnel :) This is a Hakosuka thread after all :D

Also x2 on the suggestion that it might be an air leak in the manifold. That's the problem I got at the moment too.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 81   [ 1613 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 81  Next