#
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: 50 myth thread moved?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 am 

matt wrote:
calm down tin hatters & visit the nissan garage

What the heck, couldn't take the scrutiny in neutral territory?
It doesn't belong in the Nissan Garage, because it is not specifically about Nissans, it is about most, if not all of the auto makers of Japan.

The discussion shows proof that a 40 year old Nissan advertisement makes inaccurate and misleading claims, and now, is currently used by Skyline fan-boys to denigrate the owners and enthusiasts of Toyota, Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Hino, and various other manufacturers of Japan.

Alan, a Nissan Skyline enthusiast, did not want to continue the discussion thread in the Isuzu Garage, which had been in existence for several years, because this was not "friendly territory" for Alan to discuss the topic on.

Alan, a Nissan Skyline enthusiast, started the thread in the General section.

Alan spent multiple posts and several thousand words of text discussing the spelling of Shigeki, the first name of an Isuzu driver who has nothing to do with Nissan.

Kevin and several other moderators commented in the thread in the general section.

Kevin devoted quite a bit of time writing a post about Toyota and Isuzu vehicles in the thread, and that is not related to Nissan.

The last posts proving the inaccuracies and misleading nature of the Nissan advertisement directly pertained to showing that Toyota, Suzuki, and Isuzu had all attained equal outright race wins to the Nissan advertising claims. Again, not Nissan specific but general in nature.

So, what, now Alan has thoroughly had his a$$ handed to him, and a Nissan leaning moderator decides to move the thread into an area that guarantees a debate of one against a room full of Nissan fans? How cowardly.

The thread belongs in the General section. Put it back in the General section.

Post subject: Re: 50 myth thread moved?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 am 

I think the thread should be locked and the two of you can hog up your PM boxes. Listening to you two is like listening to people talk about religion and that stuff never stops.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am 

DeRuX wrote:
I think the thread should be locked and the two of you can hog up your PM boxes. Listening to you two is like listening to people talk about religion and that stuff never stops.

Na, give them some gloves and put them in the ring. Me and you can grab a few beers and watch.
The thread is full of really good information (from both sides) but I can´t read it anymore. Its painful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:25 pm 

JT191 wrote:
matt wrote:
calm down tin hatters & visit the nissan garage

The discussion shows proof that a 40 year old Nissan advertisement makes inaccurate and misleading claims, and now, is currently used by Skyline fan-boys to denigrate the owners and enthusiasts of Toyota, Mazda, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Hino, and various other manufacturers of Japan.

The thread belongs in the General section. Put it back in the General section.

whoa whoa whoa there man. don't throw skyline fan-boys under the bus because you are having an argument with one of them. I can see why you want this moved in general, but this topic is about the Nissan Skyline "myth", so it was moved into Nissan garage. While I enjoy reading the vast amounts of information you two are posting..this has gotten personal and leaves a bitter taste. Lets all just play nice and keep the argument to fact, not personal attacks on other parties/mods.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:45 pm 
Administrator

The thread in question belongs in the Nissan Garage. If we could post identical versions in Isuzu, Toyota and other Garages we would consider it, but it does not belong in the General Discussion section.

General Discussion section should be friendly and free of clutter, and threads like this one do not help the cause. Anyone is free to come and go in the Nissan Garage as they please and chime in. Or read the evidence presented and make their own decisions.

And finally, DO NOT accuse moderators of abusing the forum. Yes, some moderators are Nissan fans, but that is not evidence of bias. Nor does it mean they are twisting the forum rules to score a "win" for their side.

As you know I am a Toyota fanboy if anything, but that does not mean I only tout Toyota's awesomeness and hide legitimate criticisms about the marque. Give us some credit. We are capable of setting aside our preferences and being objective. In fact the mods who did chime in are fans of and have owned multiple marques, not just Nissans. The first priority of the mods is always the smooth operation of the forum and that includes keeping discussions CIVIL.

As I have said before, if you would like to champion the greatness of your preferred marque, go ahead and do so! I believe you will win over many more by teaching us about, say, its great racing history or technical advancements, rather than trying to tear down the achievements of another marque.

This brouhaha has already taken up too much time. If the petty name calling and accusations continue, guilty parties will be put on probation at the discretion of the moderators.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:01 pm 

On our forum, we have to give "time outs" for behavior like this... I commend you guys for putting up with it for so long.

-Robert

My Build/Pic thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 pm 
Administrator

we've put with it so far for a couple reasons: first alan did challenge him, and we were (still are?) earnestly awaiting a legitimate response to that challenge

second, as some jnc'rs already pointed out, it's been a useful and informative thread despite some efforts pull it into the gutter

however, as ben writes above, our endurance ceases when it comes to starting threads for the purpose of public tirades

achtung! :mrgreen:

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]