This is my build of the s130 Fairlady. I build under the name of garageHEART (1/24 scale workshop). Enjoy and please feel free to criticise and comment PART 1
Above: as you can see its a basic kit...no engine included or even chassis details
above: i then sourced a "L" series motor which i painted by this stage in the build. I also somewhat built an engine bay after cutting open the hood/bonnet. Well it started taking shape at this point.
Above: Started adding small details to the firewall and built a front support. Starting to look like a proper s130 engine bay
Above: building the engine mounts, well sort of
Above: test fitting of motor, seems to fit proper.
Above: yay the motor stands by itself.PART 2
Above: mukini carbs
above: cant decide which wheel to use...
I built the intake manifold for the carbs
Above: will clean up the rough edges and put paint on it this weekend.PART 3
Above: test fitted the carb's and very happy with the length etc.
Above: bad pic sorry, but i then gave it a wash (this is adding a mixture of paint to bring out the detail of the crevaces etc and to make it pop)
Above: throttle linkage and pipes fitted, then bolted onto the motor. Clearances is perfect and just needs to be wired up. PART 4
Above: a sneak preview of whats to come. This is the Japan by TBO lip and it gives that 80's style street racer look.
Above: Primered the Fairlady and very happy that there is no imperfections...well nothing major.
Above: Chose the rare Sparkling Burgundy colour for this Fairlady... At first i thought i made a mistake choosing this colour.
Above: but once the whole car was sprayed it looked real good. This was the 1st coat and i found some dust particles, i then sanded it down hence the primer showing through.
Above: built it up with styrene strips, in this pic it only shows the rear of the bonnet getting this treatment, but i did this to all sides.
Above: sanded it down.
Above: sanded it more...still have to fill that crack.
Above: and there it is... fits perfectly. Now it needs primer and colour.PART 5
Above: The guys at garageHEART fitted the motor to make sure all is still good. I love the way the motor looks in the bay, not sure about the valve cover colour
Above: Cant wait to start up this Tomei powered L28
. Some orange peel which will get sorted when i give it a light sanding
Above: I am really happy with the way things are looking and fitting.
Above: this kit did not have an engine bay and as you all know i had to build everything from scratch. I found a very disproportionate brake booster and reservoir.
Above: I then hacked it up and built a more fitting piece for a S130. It now looks much better
Above: painted, weathered and fitted. Getting somewhere now
Above: polished the lip and fitted some mesh.
Above: as we enter the workshop, this is what welcomes us. A shiny Fairlady, the colour does look really nice and its growing on me.
Above: lets go inside and see how it turned out... Came out really good. The lip is now permanent :thumbup:
Above: pulled it outside and look at that shine
, garageHEART did well if i must say so myself
.You can also see i fitted one brake line...a few more to go.
Above: Both sides are looking fresh
And I will leave you guys with this... PART 6
Above:Excuse the dust (its been standing a while
). Even though it is one little pic, this shows me adding a scratch built clutch master and resevoir; clutch hard line; added more wiring harnesses; aircon pipe " male fittings " ; battery wires; steering column; wiper motor and wiper motor wiring harness with plug & under hood/bonnet light (still need to wire it up)
Above: Here i fitted the nuts to the shock tower, you will see on our left that theres one nut missing. This is due to my stupidity and using the wrong size drill bit. no worries its fixed now but i do not have a pic as the paint was still drying. excuse the no detail starter but that will get seen to
Above: Here you can see the bonnet/hood latch and cable and the other wiring harnesses. Starting to look like a real s130 now :UP:
Above: fitted rear TBO aero spoiler, it's probably a love hate item but hopefully it looks great once wheels are fitted and everything can be viewed as a whole package.
Above: random pic
Let's take a walk and see what this Fairlady looks like from above.
Above: to your left of this pic would be the stairs to get to the level we on now. this is the engine rebuild section. Where i am standing is a crane/hoist that lifts the engine out of the car and up to this level. This is where all the magic happens and garageHEART has some skillful engine tuners.
Above: So up we go via the step ladder and we end up in the section where we keep all the spares etc, like a store room. As you can see here a mint set of SSR mesh wheels. Some more Spoon parts, a prelude bumper and some exhausts and other random parts.
Above: This is the view from the store room, pretty cool seeing what the Fairlady looks like from above
Careful on your way downPART 7
Above: test fitted coilovers, you can see the thread sticking out through the shock towers. fitted wires for the starter, still need to add small detail to it. Then I also made a coil (still have to fit lead from coil to dizzy), also fitted spark leads and made a proper throttle linkage.PART 8
Above: engine is complete... :UP:
Above: Dropping the motor.
Above: Rad pipes fitted with end clamps. fitted lead to coil. fitted fuel line from hard line to filter. fitted radiator , its a hakosuka one which i had laying around in the w/shop.
Above: pushed the fairlady outsideFINAL PART
Thanks for looking, feel free to comment and criticise.garageHEART