Thread: my PU11 85 Maxima

my PU11 85 Maxima

hi everbody thought I'd chuck in a few pics of my 85 Maxima (VG20ET 5spd) I bought it a few months back, 85000km, parked up 13 years pretty tidy but no service history, so gave her a full service including timing belt water pump oil and filters new battery etc, put on S14/R33 alloys new tyres and a retro window louvre! Now only thing is a suspect gearbox bearing which I put down to heavy towing perhaps? who knows but once done will be a sweet cruiser...

Re: my PU11 85 Maxima

nice car man. you should go to maxima.org to get mod ideas. the best mod you can do is a vg30e block swap and keep all the turbo stuff.

Very clean car!

Quote Originally Posted by arsonist63086
    nice car man. you should go to maxima.org to get mod ideas. the best mod you can do is a vg30e block swap and keep all the turbo stuff.
    thanks man, yep checked out maxima.org, and also discovered that the VG20 and VG30 do not share the same block
    And intakes do not interchange as The VG20 has a shorter deck hight to the 30
    Heads will fit cranks will fit sumps and pickups fit rods and pistons won't fit and intakes certainly don't fit so will just be using it as my stock standard retro cruiser, already have other projects on which I will post as time allows

Quote Originally Posted by Adzmax
    Very clean car!
    thanks man ... 3 hours with mutton cloths and turtlewax done the trick

Quote Originally Posted by silvermachine
    thanks man, yep checked out maxima.org, and also discovered that the VG20 and VG30 do not share the same block
    Heads will fit cranks will fit sumps and pickups fit rods and pistons won't fit and intakes certainly don't fit so will just be using it as my stock standard retro cruiser, already have other projects on which I will post as time allows
    from wat ive read its the same just smaller bore and stroke.. post up pix of the engine bay so we can see the set up for us usa market guys.

Quote Originally Posted by silvermachine
    from wat ive read its the same just smaller bore and stroke.. post up pix of the engine bay so we can see the set up for us usa market guys.
    Ok.. I'm getting a lot of conflicting reports about this, anyway I'm off work Friday so will photgraph it then cheers Rich

Oh man, TransAmBandit loves these cars! I can't believe he hasn't seen this already. I dig the louvers, BTW. 8)

from wat ive read its the same just smaller bore and stroke.. post up pix of the engine bay so we can see the set up for us usa market guys.[/quote]

took a few pics today of the motor and another of from the rear in driveway..