I'm hoping to install seats (driver and passenger) from a 2004 mazda 3 into my 1983 cressida wagon. Has anyone ever tried something like this?
what obstacles will i face?
what modifications will i have to make?
what tools will i need?
any thoughts, insights, suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.
*(you're probably asking: "why do you want to install mazda seats into a toyota?" -
1. because the current cressida seats, though fine, are kind of bouncy (they are almost 30 years old). when i take turns, my torso kind of shifts too far to the side.
2. the mazda seats, better match my interior. (i'm trying to customize)
3. i haven't been able to find any toyota bucket seats that match (color)
4. i was originally considering trying to install mini cooper seats (but i tested a leather bucket seat in a mini cooper, and it was so slippery, the seat didn't really hold me in place)
5. the mazda bucket seats seem to hold me in place better (in turns), and they are very comfortable (to me).