Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Series 2 RX7 - my new toy!!

Series 2 RX7 - my new toy!!

As my coupe is still a fair way off being completed, I have bought an "interim" toy, with the support of my fantastic wife!!

Tonight I picked up my red series 2 RX7......gee it feels great to back behind the wheel of a rotary again!

Car is basically stock standard apart from extractors and a rotaflow exhaust....12a, 5 speed, stock rims, red with the maroon interior.

All electrics still work, drives great!!

I will be doing a few tidy up jobs on the car, bit of detailing, polish the factory alloys etc. the only major thing wrong with it is the seats are coming apart in a few places at the seems. Combination of being 30 years old and the harsh Aussie sun I reckon.

Will post up some pics on the weekend when I get to spend some quality time with my new baby :lol:

Re: Series 2 RX7 - my new toy!!

Nice. Glad you found something to play with in the mean time. Its good to have a spare toy when one is down.

Get some pics up! :mrgreen:

and don't sell the Rx2 coupe !

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy
    and don't sell the Rx2 coupe !
    Don't worry, it's not going anywhere....

Pics up soon

You know I'm partial to early RX7s...I miss my red one. Can't wait to see yours, pal!

So I spent all day playing with Hanna (that's her name) giving her a good going over......but forgot to take pics.....will get some in the morning and post 'em up!

What I did get done was a good interior clean, pulled the dash apart and reconnected all the disconnected wiring....console lights, interior lights, clock light, lighter etc and actually put screws back in so the dash doesn't rattle. Also put a JVC iPod head unit in her so I can have some tunes. Had it sitting in the shed, so thought why not!!

Pulled the door trims off, removed the shitty central locking kit, cleaned inside the doors and cleared the drains and put a heap of fish oil in. Pleasantly there is no rust in either door!!

Put graphite powder in the window guides and got them going a whole lot faster too.

Screwed the steering column shroud together, fixed the horn, found the indicator canceller is busted so just ordered a new one as well as a bonnet rod holder clip.

Cleaned up the steering wheel as it had a tacky red and black cover....that was glued on!!

Fitted new pedal rubbers and new mats.

On the outside touched up a couple of small chips, put the wipers back in their normal position as they were sitting half way up the window.

Polished the front window and hatch glass, removed the excess silicon on the hatch glass from plugging up the wiper hole, scrubbed all the rubbers, degreasers, cleaned and fish oiled the drainage channels in the hatch...

Also fine sanded and polished up the South Oz style dump exhaust tip and reprinted the rotaflo in heatproof black.

Gave it a good wash, cleaned all the moldings, badges etc

Also put a JNC sticker on it!!

Polish and wax next to get some extra shine on the old girl!!

Gave the engine bay a quick squirt with degreaser and the hose, touched up a couple of paint chips....

Going to give the factory alloys a polish, will attempt to do them myself. Want to black out the indented bits in the spokes.

Pics tomorrow.

So basically just fixed up shit all day

As promised, a couple of quick pics. Will get some good ones once she is all polished up and looking a treat!! 8)

Took her out for a quick spin this morning to get some stuff for making pizzas in my wood oven....couldn't wipe the smile off my face....I love the sound of a rotary!! :lol:

Nice 7, bloke!!!!!! :tu:

Now thats clean! Nice bird!