Thread: calling all norcal locals

calling all norcal locals

I know this month was the Bayline meet and there was a great turn out. sadly my 74 repu was stubbornly refusing to run at the time and has since been re-motivated (hours of electrical work) what I was wondering, in order to have a show of that magnitude in nor cal how many people had to come from LA and surrounding areas or were most of the cars from here, and if so why don't meets of that caliber happen more often if even at a smaller venue or scale. I've lived around Sacramento my whole life, gone to San Francisco countless times and have never seen another classic j-tin. So what I'm asking is that we get the ball rolling and have more of these meets. I will even go ahead and organize a meet if there is enough interest. I love these cars and would like to see them more than once a year without having to drive to so cal. I know others sympathize.

Re: calling all norcal locals

Sorry to hear your car couldn’t make it out to the Bayline event. We also feel the same about the volume of car events that happen in Northern CA. James and I are already working out the plans for our next event. Expect a large scale event very soon. I hope to see you there.

I myself experienced car problems a few days prior to the Bayline Meet. My 72 Celica blew a headgasket, and my 85 MR2 had starter issues. Though I was looking forward to the gathering, I was unable to attend. However, I do attend other smaller meets prior to the Bayline one, both local as well as meets that are a bit further (furthest being the recent Toyotafest in Long Beach). Looking forward to possibly seeing more get togethers with other nostalgic cars as well as their respective owners in the near future...cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal510
    Sorry to hear your car couldn’t make it out to the Bayline event. We also feel the same about the volume of car events that happen in Northern CA. James and I are already working out the plans for our next event. Expect a large scale event very soon. I hope to see you there.
    i look forward to it, and if you guys know of any other small meets that happen around the bay area please let me know, i onlyy know of the "tuner meets" that happen locally and i can only take so much of the same civics and broken 240sx's lol, thanks again. cheers!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9478

There's always this meet that happens in Santa Clara on the last Thursday of each month, although it may be too far for you. Turnouts aren't huge or anything, but there are always quality cars and quality people to meet.