Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volk Racing 84c

Volk Racing 84c

Update:
    Hi,
    I'm planning on selling these wheels. But I searched the net quite a bit, but can't firgure out how much I can ask for them. Don't get me wrong, I really don't. And the price I paid back in the days is not of any relevance, because I paid way to much, just because I wanted to have them

Hi, I bought some quite cool rims for my AE86 last year. But I haven't any more info on these.
    Just saw them on yahoo auctions and had to buy them. Any more info on these would be much appreciated!
    After 10 weeks of shipping, my vintage Volk Racing 84C have arrived! It's like x-mas when you get a shipping like this.

But it doesn't stop here, these wheels are transformable. There are "brake cooling discs" included
    I can't believe the condition all these parts are in:

Specs are 7x15ET10 and 7.5x15ET10 and 4x114.3

Comments are welcome

Re: Volk Racing 84c

Holy cow! :shock:

Those are absolutely mint! Are they NOS or just very well preserved? I love the cooling discs, I really think that's going to be the next trend in oldschool JDM wheels. Thanks for sharing! :tu:

Nice find, it would be almost a shame to use the covers since they look perfect.

2 covers are really like new, the 2 others are slighlty used, only some dust on the inside, the outside is perfect though.
    I've planned to mount the covers only on the front rims and judging by the looks I will decide if I gonne mount the rears or not. In my head the idea of a "mixed" setup sounds quite cool!

For track purposes the covers on the front would make sense. I think it will look good but most people won't realize they are covers and think you have two different wheels. Either way its your car, do what you want. I have red wheels and people tell me all the time that I should do them black or gunmetal. :roll:

Did a quick fitting yesterday, in fact it looks really weird with just the front covers installed. An I'm used to mixed setups though. It make the wheels look like 13" steelies with hubcaps on the front and 15" meshs in the back!
    I think I'll use them without the covers or with all 4.

Sorry for the dirty phone pics. Some better ones will follow. But it gives you the idea:

I usually love dirty phone pix but all I get is no image found. I love the look of the mesh wheels, it would be hard to cover them up but it's fun that you have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by aclever1
    For track purposes the covers on the front would make sense. I think it will look good but most people won't realize they are covers and think you have two different wheels. Either way its your car, do what you want. I have red wheels and people tell me all the time that I should do them black or gunmetal. :roll:
    I can't wait until the black/gunmetal wheel trend dies, I absolutely despise both colors for wheels.

Nice pickup on those Volks, they're awesome with or without the covers but I'd run the covers just because they're unique, frankly the mesh design is quite generic for that era.

Some better pics:

The GT86 isn't mine though :wink: