Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17

    1980 corona liftback build thread.

    i would like to first off say hello. i am new to the forum and the owner of a 1980 corona liftback.

    i purchased the car from an older gentleman. ive had it for about a week now. it has 125k original miles, all stock 20r, fairly mint interior, and most of all rust free! that is very unusal in my area of north carolina. it is in far better shape than the ae86 project i had last year. anyways...the man i bought it from tried to rebuild the oem aisin carb. he gets points for trying but it runs like complete crap, has a vacum leak somewhere that i cannot find, leaks fuel around the intake manifold, and just in general no matter how you try to tune it it runs the same. like crap.

    so as my first purchase for the car ive bought some routine maintence items like: shocks, struts, plugs, wires, thermostat, gear oil to change the diff and trans, rear 4 link bushings, etc., but most of all a weber 32/36.

    my future plans for the car are to give it a nice tune up, throw on the carb, cut the springs, get some wheels, and maybe add a header. then just rock it.

    check back in for updates.










  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    i apologize for the tiny pics. i will get some better ones soon.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    COSTA RICA, CENTRAL AMERICA.
    Posts
    192

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    car looks in good condition, still posting photos, will be waiting.


    I congratulate you by the car you have, and I like your ideas to modify it, go ahead with this project :twisted: :twisted:

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    500

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    Where are you?? I have a friend with the exact same car... he is looking to unload his, engine is stuffed, but the rest is in pretty good condition. He is in the Portland vicinity

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by errolae92
    car looks in good condition, still posting photos, will be waiting.


    I congratulate you by the car you have, and I like your ideas to modify it, go ahead with this project :twisted: :twisted:
    Thanks. hopefully this weekend ill give it a full tune up. Put on the new shocks/struts and cut the springs. Remove the non working a/c and de smog the whole engine. Ill take plenty of pics.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldeskewltoy
    Where are you?? I have a friend with the exact same car... he is looking to unload his, engine is stuffed, but the rest is in pretty good condition. He is in the Portland vicinity
    I live close to pilot mountain in surry county. im about 30 min from the virginia border.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    southern PA
    Posts
    278

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    sweet corona....

    I am looking at one this weekend; not that i need another project.

    what do the Weber's usually run for?

    definitely interested in this thread if i choose to pick the one up near me.

    and cool to have another semi east coaster :tu:

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by schassisowner
    sweet corona....

    I am looking at one this weekend; not that i need another project.

    what do the Weber's usually run for?

    definitely interested in this thread if i choose to pick the one up near me.

    and cool to have another semi east coaster :tu:
    the 32/36 weber conversion kit I bought was 255 shipped. That was the cheapest I had found.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    179

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    Nice. These liftbacks always seemed a bit uncommon. There was one around here for years but got scrapped for some reason fairly recently.


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    17

    Re: 1980 corona liftback build thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave77
    Nice. These liftbacks always seemed a bit uncommon. There was one around here for years but got scrapped for some reason fairly recently.

    mine is honestly the first one ive ever seen.

Similar Threads

  1. Long awaited corolla liftback build!
    By Osrolla in forum Toyota Garage
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-31-2015, 04:16 PM
  2. 72 Skyline build thread
    By kgc10 in forum Datsun/Nissan Garage
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-29-2014, 09:36 PM
  3. Cam's Mazda2 Build Thread
    By Camshaft in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM
  4. Tim's '72 hakosuka build/buy thread (YAY!) lol
    By wookieballa in forum Datsun/Nissan Garage
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM
  5. RA43 Build thread.......
    By RA43power in forum Toyota Garage
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 01:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •