Recently picked up a new wagon to keep my Cressida wagon company, a 73 Mark II from fellow JNC member jzcelica. Here's his original thread with the car http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/foru...ic.php?t=13570
Have to thank jz for doing a lot of work getting the car roadworthy again while he owned it. From gutting the emissions and adding a Weber to swapping in a solid W58 5-speed to lowering it and rolling the fenders, he did a great job providing a solid platform of a car.
Here's how she looked when I picked her up, on the stock wheels.
First project was swapping steering wheels. The stock one had seen better days and the horn was not working. I'd love a Nardi, but this is a budget build, so I turned to Momo. Found a NOS Momo adapter for the car, but the son of a bitch didn't fit. Had to bust out the Dremel and after a sparks show, it fit perfectly. The horn contact was broken and one of the blinkers wouldn't stay on. Both problems were due to the old plastic, but I got it sorted out.
As for which wheel, I wanted to do it on the cheap, and found a funky OEM Sabb 900 Turbo Momo wheel I thought fit the car (and the budget at under $50). A new Momo horn button and it was ready for mounting. Now when it's Nardi time, I just need an adapter ring and we're good. Wheel has been polished a bit since the pic was taken.
Also bought a few things like a NOS 80s plastic JNC badge (got one for the Cressy, too), a subway hanger, some stickers, clutch pedal cover, a vintage license plate holder (doesn't fit!), and a spare set of emblems (the Corona ones are missing on the car right now).
After hemming and hawing for weeks looking at various wheels on eBay, I decided to pull the trigger on some 15x9 0ET Rota Shakotans. Not only did they match what was on the car earlier dimension wise, but they were pretty cheap and I got them with some Falken 205/50 tires mounted, a set of tuner lug nuts, and shipping for around a stack. I'll keeping looking for the right set of vintage barrels and rock these in the meantime.
Here's a quick shitty cell phone photo from today with the wheels mounted.
So that's how the car sits today. Should be another of my permanent projects. Needs an exhaust, a suspension work over, an oil leak fixed, some paintwork, a few dents pulled, a new dash pad, a sound system, tint, etc., etc., etc.