Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1975 dodge colt-new project

1975 dodge colt-new project

finally picked the car up this morning . be getting into the car in [img]the next few weeks to see what it needs. there is some rust on the car, but just surface rust. i'll post as i go along.

[img]
    [/img]

Looks pretty good. Take some pics of the engine and the interior too when you get a chance.

i definitely will. i've heard the engine run and it sounds ok. the clutch pedal is on the floor and loose. it looks like the clutch cable. there is an oil leak and looks like it's coming from the valve cover. we'll find out soon. i'll post as i discover things. i guess for 100.00 you can't ask for too much. i'm glad she didn't even think about junking it.

Administrator
    Awkward 70s color: check. wagon: check. chrome roofrack: check. I love this thing :tu:

That's not too bad looking for $100, especially if it runs! I paid $200 for mine with a bad motor. You will find most mechanical parts easy to source, it's the body/trim parts that can be a little elusive. I've been trying to find a good dashpad for mine for almost 2 years. :cry:

Mark

man thats a screaming deal for a runner. A set fo decent wheels and a bit of loweirng will transform that thing from poopy to awesome. I tried tog et my gf tog et it, tbu she wasnt having a wagon. She wants a 411 sss instead :roll:

Administrator
    At least she likes old cars. That puts you way ahead of most of us! :lol:

[quote="city hunter"]man thats a screaming deal for a runner. A set fo decent wheels and a bit of loweirng will transform that thing from poopy to awesome. quote]

Yeppers. That's very cool. :tu:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Datsunrides
    That's not too bad looking for $100, especially if it runs! I paid $200 for mine with a bad motor. You will find most mechanical parts easy to source, it's the body/trim parts that can be a little elusive. I've been trying to find a good dashpad for mine for almost 2 years. :cry:

Mark
    The dash on your Colt looks like it has the same dimensions as the dashes we have on Arrows, I bet you could fit an Arrow dashcap on there. They're pretty cheap too, there's one on eBay for $52.

always loved the style of the old small wagons.
    i want to make sure that it is running in good order first. probably do a little body work while waiting for parts. i haven't really looked into the dimensions on the dash yet. the family will be going on vacation next week and i will be digging into it once we get back.
    anyone know the easiest way to drop it?