Thread: 1982 626 deluxe Hardtop

1982 626 deluxe Hardtop

Hi gang,

Been a bit quiet of late with the very large move of the car collection to the new place, but couldn't let this one go to the scrapyard.

This is a 1982 626 hardtop or Capella hardtop super custom in JDM speak. Fully operational expect for a very rattly timing chain and a few of the eighty's Mazda oil leaks, sorta couldn't say no!

It missed the power windows but does have power steering and A/C that works a treat! Enjoy

B1500Boy, I need to ask an obvious question... What do you intend to do with 55 Old Mazda's ?

Ones a big problem for me let alone 55 ! Will they be restored or just cleaned up ? If you every want to let this one go, I think Restoremaz was chasing one a while ago. Not sure if he found one or his plans changed.

Administrator
    I just saw a clean and complete one of these at the junkyard. Will post pics in Events section under JNC Junkyard Crawl in a sec.

Gypsy,

My signature should give it away. I'm putting together a Japanese car museum, just want to make should some old JNC's are left for the future Hyundai kids to see!

It seems all other types of vehicles make it to collections and museum's here, but the old JNC's seem to miss out, and it sure beats collecting stamps!

And Mazda people to see non molested and non rotary converted engines. Ah that Dave and his two door Mazda fetish!

Nice find!
    that would look cool lowered a few inches! 8)

8)

Montrose!

I've been looking for a 4-door one for ages, still looking though. Nice one!

Geez Hirst, wish we weren't so far apart, the rwd 626 range here isn't the most loved or collected of the Mazda's. Not sure why really, don't even see a lot of the 'wow that's original a rotary engine conversion' 626 version. I'd hate to know the percentage of them that have suffered the cubing fate.

Sounds like I'm in the wrong country, if I was over there I could have all the 323 Wagons, 626s and Sigmas I want. Not to mention all the stuff I can't get here like the Telstar. And Kylie lives there, but she's getting on a bit now.

sounds it mate, they aren't the most loved here on your list and I probably get offered 3 or more Telstars a week! Yeap, I'm after a decent Sigma too for the museum, garrett GSR special would be nice.