Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JNC Magazine

JNC Magazine

Soooooo....I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it here.

I ordered the JNC magazine way back when in Dec 2010. I received one issue. I've emailed, emailed, email, called, nada.

I want my money back.

Advice?

Re: JNC Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Baz
    I would also like to know what is the status of this magazine. If there will not be any new issues I would also like to have my money back.
    I'm getting the feeling there won't be. There's doesn't seem to be anything on the website anymore about it. I paid for four issues, got one. It was almost $40. It was an awesome magazine, but not $40 per issue awesome. This is BS, dishonest, and bad business.

I can't find any contact info on this site. Email and phone listed on paypal leads to nothing. I'm going to bump this til I see green.

Yeah, looks like the subscription is no longer listed in the store. Hmm, I knew the issues would be delayed for quite a while, but I was hoping they'd show up eventually.

So is the magazine on hiatus or just cancelled? What happens to subscription holders?

Business-problems are normal, you canīt blame someone. But itīs just very unprofessional when you donīt inform your customers about nothing! Just being quiet is not the way to go.

JNC-staff, tell us whatīs going on. Donīt make it a mystery.

I agree. I was hoping to subscribe myself but it appears I am too late. I do understand how difficult it is to make a magazine and how much it costs, but there should be some sort of an update, especially for current subscription holders....

Heck, can I least get back issues? I am starting to wear out the first four... need to get a fix some how.
    Would it be possible to add a subscriber forum where we could access new material? It would only be open to subscribers and feature updated content and event coverage. If you print any new issues, you could include a password good for a month somewhere in the issue. That way, newstand subscribers would be able to access the same media. Might help quench out thirst for new stuff and cut back on the overhead a bit.
    Working in the media myself, I have to give it to you guys. This is a most trying time for media of any form. Newspapers and magazines are the hardest hit right now. Our local paper is down to a skeleton staff and just sold their building. I know one of the papers in New Orleans just moved to three days a week instead of seven.

I recall reading somewhere that the forum staff and the magazine staff are really two separate entities...that may explain the lack of a response.

Yes I believe that's true. There was mention of putting the magazine online or through email under a subscription to save on the printing costs. Don't know what has come of it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft
    I recall reading somewhere that the forum staff and the magazine staff are really two separate entities...that may explain the lack of a response.
    This.

I'll bring it to their attention, though.