Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1975 Colt clutch cable

1975 Colt clutch cable

I have the opportunity to buy a 75 colt wagon pretty cheap. Iruns but leaks some oil. Looks like it needs the valve cover gasket replaced. Another issue it has is that the clutch pedal is loose and sitting on the floor. It seems like this would be the clutch cable.
    Does anyone know how easily these cables can be changed and if they are readily available to buy.
    If I decide to purchase the car, I will post pictures.
    Thanks.

Cables are easy to change and are readily available. Rock auto has them and also eBay.

Mark

appreciate it. haven't seen many of these cars around and i guess i haven't checked to see what kinds of parts are available. this car came up as a surprise.
    thanks.

That's cause there's not too many around. Like most "less desireable" models, wagons and 4 doors tend to get used as donors for 2 door models. If you can get it for a good price, go for it. Parts are not the easiest to find, but they can be found. Mechanical stuff is easy. Here is a pic of my 75' wagon,

I upgraded mine with a 4G64 fuel injected motor/5 speed trans from a 92' Mighty Max truck. While not a 100% bolt in, it's pretty close.

Mark

i looked at both ebay and rockauto and found them there.
    i did check your wagon out and it looks good. i will decide soon if i'm gonna pick the car up. it may be too good a deal to pass up.

Administrator
    We have a discount coupon code for rock auto purchases. Check the General Discussion section.

How does that wagon look? I was thinking about getting it bu I so dont need another car. I got a guy right now who wants to trade is 411 sss for my wats off my lancer... I wish I had a huge shop to store cars lol.

sorry haven't gotten back. have had some computer issues. now working fine. i checked it out last weekend and the front right fender is banged up a little. i am going to pick the car up in the next couple of days. even my 4 year old daughter is really excited about it. she convinced my wife that i need a project.
    thanks on the info on Rockauto mr moderator. i will definitely make use of it. i read the snip on JNC on Rockauto and it will hopefully introduce more people to the site.
    i will post pics when i pick it up.

Sweet!

Mark

nice to see another mitsu owner in the nw Post pics. A good local discount uis to use the northwest z duiscount when you shop at baxter. It will save you a ton.