Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmo knob question?

Cosmo knob question?

Sup guys, I have looked high & low trying to figure out something on my Cosmo.
    What does this knob do man?

http://youtu.be/y0kyKejNgGs?hd=1

Re: Cosmo knob question?

Dash light dimmer control? turn your lights on and try it. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by beans161
    Dash light dimmer control? turn your lights on and try it. :wink:
    Nope it's not that knob is to the left.. I know because my dimmer knob works.

I havnt got knob like this in mine i thought that it dash dimmer but u have another one for it so i can recommend to try to look under dash and figure out where its going and try to understand is it original or aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuxa
    I havnt got knob like this in mine i thought that it dash dimmer but u have another one for it so i can recommend to try to look under dash and figure out where its going and try to understand is it original or aftermarket.
    You know I have never looked behind the knob. Yes the knob is stock, also the car is a California car so I don't know if that means anything

Its you air conditioning cool to cold control,i have a identical knob in my Rx4 in witch a/c works great !
    Counterclock wise cool - Clock wise cold.
    Cheers

J

Quote Originally Posted by la23srx4
    Its you air conditioning cool to cold control,i have a identical knob in my Rx4 in witch a/c works great !
    Cheers

J
    I was thinking of this also. But for some reason my AC does not work and I'm going to hot ass Arizona.

Yep, definitely AC thermostat control. The thermostat has a capillary tube that is positioned
    either inside the evaporator coil or in front of it. Once the set temperature is reached the thermostat
    cuts power to the AC pump until the temperature rises again and reactivates the pump.

If your AC isn't working, check fuses to internal blower fan. Generally accessory power is taken from
    low fan speed to activate the AC system. Power is then routed through the thermostat which is what
    activates/de-activates the AC pump clutch.

If you have 12V inside the car, check that the AC pump clutch wire has 12V when the AC is running.
    If no, then check to see if the filter drier(black canister normally, new ones are raw aluminium), about 8" long and about 3" in diameter
    with a little sight glass in the top of it, has a pressure switch in it. If yes, then you may have low/no gas,
    in which case the clutch on the pump will not activate - to protect the pump.

If no, you don't have a low pressure switch in the system, then still check for 12V to the pump. If you have 12V to the pump
    and it still doesn't work, then either the field coil( this is what energises and pulls the clutch in) or the pump are FUBAR!

Quote Originally Posted by zionfarm
    Quote Originally Posted by la23srx4
    Cheers

J
    I was thinking of this also. But for some reason my AC does not work and I'm going to hot ass Arizona.
    a great help to my car. thanks for the two of you for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by philip
    Yep, definitely AC thermostat control. The thermostat has a capillary tube that is positioned
    either inside the evaporator coil or in front of it. Once the set temperature is reached the thermostat
    cuts power to the AC pump until the temperature rises again and reactivates the pump.

If your AC isn't working, check fuses to internal blower fan. Generally accessory power is taken from
    low fan speed to activate the AC system. Power is then routed through the thermostat which is what
    activates/de-activates the AC pump clutch.

If you have 12V inside the car, check that the AC pump clutch wire has 12V when the AC is running.
    If no, then check to see if the filter drier(black canister normally, new ones are raw aluminium), about 8" long and about 3" in diameter
    with a little sight glass in the top of it, has a pressure switch in it. If yes, then you may have low/no gas,
    in which case the clutch on the pump will not activate - to protect the pump.

If no, you don't have a low pressure switch in the system, then still check for 12V to the pump. If you have 12V to the pump
    and it still doesn't work, then either the field coil( this is what energises and pulls the clutch in) or the pump are FUBAR!
    Wow I must say you hit the nail on the head or what ever that saying is.
    Thank you so much for the insite my good my good man.