Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is lightest/fastest Toyota/Lexus motor that fits te21?

What is lightest/fastest Toyota/Lexus motor that fits te21?

I have a 13b rotary in there now, but may be switching back to Toyoya...I'm sure most of you diehards will be pleased with that. The rotary is nice because of the weight aspect and the RPM's. I'm not concerned about period correct or anything. Something good for track and street. I'm sure there are a lot of different opinions but are there 6-cyl. that fit but still light and how much more work is it to get it to fit? Is it worth it from those that have done the conversion.

Or better to go 4-cyl, (turbo/intercooler) etc. Just getting ideas. I've seen a Mazda RX-4 with a Toyota 2JZ-GE (But not sure how that would handle on the track with weight). The Orange one in pictures.

Open for suggestions, again, doesn't need to be period correct, modern ok, probably better, track use and street, weight to HP main concern. And would need matching tranny 5-sp or 6-sp. Or stick with the rotary and just work on tuning that. Currently 13B GSLSE Street port with 48 Weber Downdraft IDA. matching 5-sp.

Pictures of some I've seen. http://pix.kg/g/G6190329251105:1290329251105/scl

Model below it on most of them.

Re: What is lightest/fastest Toyota/Lexus motor that fits te

4AG would probably be best bet for lightness and power (especially with turbo/supercharging capabilities), but if you wanna go crazy Beams 3S-GE (or GTE) comes to mind. You could also go for the 2RZ-FE or 3RZ-FE (2.2 and 2.7 L respectively) Tacoma engines. I think the most beastly would be a 3.4 V6 from the Tacoma (with TRD supercharger). Obviously going straight six would require a lot more work than shoehorning some I4 or V6 in there.

For my TE-27, my ideal non-original motor would have to be a stroked 4-AG running a set of 45mm sidedraft carbs.

Thanks so much, I didn't even think about those Tacoma engines...

1UZ is all aluminum 8)

If anyone could ever make a v6 toyota work in a RWD configuration I would be all over that!! Too bad they all came in 4WD or FWD setups.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahSleeper
    If anyone could ever make a v6 toyota work in a RWD configuration I would be all over that!! Too bad they all came in 4WD or FWD setups.
    Good a place as any to ask this question then. :roll:
    You can drop a 1MZ-FE from a Camry into an AW11 or a SW20.
    This works because the engine is transversely mounted and you use a 3S-GE transmission from either an MR2 or a Celica which bolts straight up to the 1MZ-FE.
    Would it be possible to mount it longitudinally in the front of a car and use the 6 speed gearbox from the BEAMS black top 3S-GE powered Altezza RS200 or are they completely different?

Might be rare in Utah but Hawaii has loads of V6 2WD trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ToolZ
    Good a place as any to ask this question then. :roll:
    You can drop a 1MZ-FE from a Camry into an AW11 or a SW20.
    This works because the engine is transversely mounted and you use a 3S-GE transmission from either an MR2 or a Celica which bolts straight up to the 1MZ-FE.
    Would it be possible to mount it longitudinally in the front of a car and use the 6 speed gearbox from the BEAMS black top 3S-GE powered Altezza RS200 or are they completely different?
    I think the rwd trans is different...............but I dont actually know for sure.......May have to do more research. Surprised I never put the 2 different things together.

And last time I looked, it seemed like all of the yota trucks and suv's that were V6 also were only auto.....again, more research time lol.

u need to put a 2tg very respectful power its a twin cam and carbs also

You could just rebuild the Rotary and go for a bridge port. Or turbo charge it.
    Or do both.