Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here near Hoquiam, WA?

Anyone here near Hoquiam, WA?

I feel like there's a few people near Hoquiam, WA on here, so I thought I'd ask. :lol:

Someone on flickr has a few pictures of a '70 Chrysler 300 that's sitting on a side street in Hoquiam (Address, according to a map given by the person who took the picture, is roughly around 1011 K St, Hoquiam, WA 98550).

Basically, it's ratty, and the same color as my '70 300... except WAY cleaner. And if I could nab it and just make mine a parts car (instead of spending 6K on bodywork trying to fix 40 years of midwestern rust), my life would be whole, ESPECIALLY if it's a green interior car.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3280/2655 ... 416e_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugo90/265 ... otostream/ (link with more details/photos)

Is anyone ever in this area, that could roll by and see if the car is still around... and perhaps find out if it could be for sale? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

And for the record, here is my rotbox in better days:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2399/1954 ... 82ab_b.jpg

Re: Anyone here near Hoquiam, WA?

I'm about an hour from there, but don't know when ill be back that way. Maybe someone else on the forum takes a regular trip over there. Sweet ride by the way, hope you can get some more info out of this one...

Thanks man! I really love JNCs, but I love this car too much to give up.

Anyone?

That address is literally 3 blocks from my house, lol. I can swing by there tomorrow if you want

Quote Originally Posted by shane_lxi
    That address is literally 3 blocks from my house, lol. I can swing by there tomorrow if you want
    Cool! Let me know if it's there and how rough it looks (and what color the interior is) :lol: I'd appreciate it. If it's in decent enough shape, I may ask you to inquire about it if you don't mind. :mrgreen: :tu:

Oh no!! I completely forgot to swing by there man!! I will try and swing by on my way home from work tonight and take a look!

Swung by there, nobody was home. The car was still there though. Interior was black, and the drivers seat was a little shredded. Also the right rear and front quarters were dinged up a fair amount. Let me know if you want me to try again later! I could walk to this house, lol

Were the dings in the quarters just small digs or were they hammered up pretty bad? Rust is my primary concern, haha.

Rust looked like mostly shallow surface rust. The rf fender had a but of a crinkle up by the headlight with a deeper rust in the damage area. The rr quarter had a huge dent that takes up nearly the entire quarter panel. It's a clean dent if that makes sense, not curled in and whatnot.

The front fenders don't matter much to me, but the quarter might be an issue. Hmmm.

You probably can't tell well without getting closer than you'd feel comfortable without talking to someone, but they rust on the rocker and quarters behind that aluminum trim on the bottoms.. wonder if you could see anything.

If you'd be willing to ask about it or get me a picture of the denter passenger side quarter I could paypal you a few bucks for the effort? I'd appreciate it. :tu:

And thank you for the effort so far! :hug: