Thread: Greetings to everyone from Central California

Greetings to everyone from Central California

So after a few years of coming here ive finally made an account. Always loved Japanese cars and euros, But J-tin has to be my favorite. Decided to get a euro since the JDM thing is cool and couldnt get a J tin for some other reasons. You might be asking why im here if I have a euro, well my name should say it all. I have a MK2 golf and im going boso/shakotan with it :shock: Ive already got hate for what i wanna do. Local VW guys from my area wont help theyre booty. I think id be more welcome here since we share a common interests. Even tho i share common interest with the VW nerds but i just dont want a cookie cutter golf with a VR6 on BBS wheels. So yea thats a bit about what i wanna do and i hope since some of you guys may be older that you guys can help me if you can or just guide me and give feedback.

Re: Greetings to everyone from Central California

Welcome. As much as people here on JNC love bosozoku, I wouldn't really consider JNC a good bosozoku resource. I think your best bet would be www.bosozokustyle.com or possibly www.banpei.net

Those are 2 great resources for putting ideas together. Bosozoku's are pretty much whatever you can dream up and create on a car(mostly influenced by early silhouette racers in Japan with the attitude of the motorcycle gangs). Best of luck with your MK2. I hope those sites help you achieve the look you're going for.

Thank you sir yea go to both of those sites, i was just looking for more of a forum thing and i know some guys around here are into the boso thing like the guys from sparkle garage. I know im gonna have a really hard time sourcing wheels because 4x100 is a weird pattern for older wheels :cry: but hey ill see what comes up.

A good friend of mine hangs out with those guys on occasion. They have some pretty wild rides. 4x100 should be pretty easy to find. If I'm not mistaken, I think that bolt patters is most commonly used on Miata's, Fit, E30 BMW's, Mini Cooper, & the Yaris just off the top of my head.

Yea i wish i loved closer so i could hang out with the sparkle garage guys, yea 4x100 is common but not really common for older japanese wheels which is what im looking for. all i find is 4x114.3 and theyre eithernot wide enough or the offset isnt agressive enough or too agressive for my car i wish i could run negative offsets. but id need serious fender weork. im kinda thinking of maybe possibly using some fneder flares ops: what do you think?