Thread: New From San Diego

New From San Diego

I stumbled upon this site through a link on Ratsun so I decided to join. Anyhow; my name is Cliff located here in Sunny San Diego. I'm a proud owner of a 72' Datsun 510 wagon.

History: Got it from a childhood friend for my birthday :tu: ,towed it down here via Uhaul, it has been sitting in the cold in the Bay area for over 2 something yrs and has not been driven. She's in the process of getting all tuned up with her 51,000 original miles L16, but am learning as I go. I used to have a 71' 2 door in high school, but it always ran good for some reason until I got my gf prego and had to sell her :cry: ...oh well.

I just want to pick up new/used parts for my project build, I want to eventually swap to an L20b with a pair od DCOE's. I want a built up L20b like the one Troy Ermish/or Rebello's and make completly street...and of course my suspension. So there we go.

My 1st whip

Re: New From San Diego

Awesome find. Welcome to JNC. Come out to some of the old school meets here in SD. We meet every Thursday (on non-rainy days) night around 8pm-ish, in front of the CVS Pharmacy off on Sweetwater Blvd in National City. My 510 is no where near drive-able right now...but hope to see you out there. :tu:

As soon as I get it running as my or close to dd I'm good to go, but I'll stop by one day anyways. So every Thursday after 8ish huh?

Totally cool if you swing by in your daily. A lot of owners show up in their daily drivers especially during overcast weather. Not too many people show in the rain(I never have).