Thread: Subaru 360 flamethrower

Subaru 360 flamethrower

I always wanted to try exhaust flamethowing. After spending 8 hours installing two store bought pre-made Autoloc flamethrower kits that cost a lot and literally are Chinese JUNK. Each one burned out within a few tries. I made my own kit from two 30 amp relay's, a condensor, a .85 ohm ballast resistor, and a old Bosch coil. I tapped and screwed a spark plug in the exhaust pipe. It works well and cost about 30 dollars. I dont cut the spark to the engine ignition, although if I did the flames would be bigger, but, it risks fouling plugs. Two strokes already foul plugs easy enough. The video you see here are my preliminary tests. The key is getting enough raw fuel in the tail pipe to light off. Be careful out there if you try this yourself !!! It is real fire !!. I scared some innocent sidewalk cafe pedestrians pretty badly when driving by last night. I have since perfected my flame throwing methods. Lugging along in 2nd gear at 10 mph and pulling the choke makes some big flames come from a little car. I may get crazy and try injecting fuel to make big easy flames. Stay tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvjK0D55T0

Re: Subaru 360 flamethrower

Well, I can imagine how that goes down in public. Awesome. Though, I probably should not encourage it, I love it! Reminds me of the time I filled weather balloons with natural gas, and used a kerosened rag as a wick... Impressed! Neko.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroneko
    Well, I can imagine how that goes down in public. Awesome. Though, I probably should not encourage it, I love it! Reminds me of the time I filled weather balloons with natural gas, and used a kerosened rag as a wick... Impressed! Neko.

people LOVE it !