Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Tin appearances in old school Anime

J-Tin appearances in old school Anime

Other than the Popular Anime series : Initial D, Wangan Midnight, and Mecha Doc .There's an anime that came out on TV here in the Philippines more than 10 years ago titled : F.

F . The story revolves around a farm boy ( Gunma Akagi ) and his best friend Tamotsu. Gunma Akagi dreams of being an F1 driver. Gumna thru life ordeals, conflicts with his father, his brothers, and his arch nemisis ( Forgot his name who drives the BMW) manages to get thru life and reach his dreams even to the point of losing his best friend Tamotsu , who's a very skilled mechanic, to his rival.

Was searching for this cartoon in English, unfortunately only an Italian -Dubbed version was found. The names were changed in the Italian version. Gunma (Patrick) , Peter ( Tamotsu).Gunma Akagi drives his supercharged Ford Tractor.

Here in this video he found out that Tamotsu was fixing a KP-61 Starlet ( with Hoshino wheels ) for a client in the barn and Gunma Test drives the car...... Watch what happens next.

here's the link: F: Motori in Pista Patrick il selvaggio 2/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFiEuVNS ... re=related

Administrator
    That's hilarious, and great idea for a thread!

Get Backers has a Subaru 360 featured pretty prominently in the opening. I've never actually seen the anime so I don't know how much it's used in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-dzR6e9WMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0DiDno6mvU

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Get Backers has a Subaru 360 featured pretty prominently in the opening. I've never actually seen the anime so I don't know how much it's used in the series.
    Quite a bit, actually. It's been heavily modified to catch the bad guys.

You're Under Arrest has a few different cars. The main characters drive a heavily modified Honda Today police car. One of the girls drives a Toyota Sports 800 as her personal car. The manga also has a Subaru R2 with a Suzuki RGV500 2-stroke square four grand prix motorcycle engine sfuffed in the back.

Geobreeders features a Honda Vamos driven by buxom chain-smoker Yuu Himehagi (her tagline is "A driver's job is to drive.").

Lucky☆Star has a great parody of Initial D featuring a Subaru Vivio against an FD RX-7.

I'm not a big fan of anime, but I did once catch something on Adult Swim that blew my mind. Can't remember the name, involved some girl who rode on an old Vespa and a kid having nightmares of some TV headed monster. However, the episode I saw involved a bunch of people riding in some highly detailed old Japanese 3-wheeler, which I'm sure if it could be found, Ben could identify. :lol:

Got this off the link above- don't know what it's called, but skimming through it I saw a first gen Celica, an RX-5, and a 240Z, a rotary powered Subaru 360 that launches out the side of a bus, a pair of boso RX-3s, one with a spinning weapon that extends from the hubcap to flatten tires, a police Suzuki Fronte, and various other boso style cars in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w534Qvop ... re=related

Quote Originally Posted by Stationwagonguy
    I'm not a big fan of anime, but I did once catch something on Adult Swim that blew my mind. Can't remember the name, involved some girl who rode on an old Vespa and a kid having nightmares of some TV headed monster. However, the episode I saw involved a bunch of people riding in some highly detailed old Japanese 3-wheeler, which I'm sure if it could be found, Ben could identify. :lol:
    ...FLCL. Excellent :mrgreen:

Also features a Fuji Rabbit... Forgot what the Three-wheeler was, though. Fairly certain Daihatsu.

And a Citroen BX, at one point, as well as I think some boring sort of Volkswagen...

Evangelion, Misato drives an old Gen.1 MR2 for about five seconds, though the Renault Alpine really is among the most kick-ass cars in the world 8) The manga features Kaji's ride as a Lotus Elan, as well.

Gunsmith Cats, the manga, has many awesome cars featured... Though I can only immediately remember a Z32 at one point making a cameo, in terms of Japanese machinery...

Great Teacher Onizuka's principal drives a relatively new Toyota Cresta... Wonder how many others of these I can pick out if I get to thinking about it, but when I do, it seems that more European machinery comes to mind.

Crayon Shinchan, the Adult Empire Strikes Back movie, the bus chase scene.

These are fairly bad uploads, but Cartoon Network polices Youtube regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5oZ3BLDOXE

The abuse of Subaru 360s and a Toyota 2000GT start when the kids take the bus at about 1:45. Pretty quickly, Subarus start flipping end over end into rice fields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzSwFnRI-w

It continues into the next part, and the 2000GT goes out in a colorful rainbow.

Thats pretty cool

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stationwagonguy
    Got this off the link above- don't know what it's called, but skimming through it I saw a first gen Celica, an RX-5, and a 240Z, a rotary powered Subaru 360 that launches out the side of a bus, a pair of boso RX-3s, one with a spinning weapon that extends from the hubcap to flatten tires, a police Suzuki Fronte, and various other boso style cars in the background.
    This is the aforementioned Mechadoc. Good find. I should put this up as a Friday Video.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JT191
    Crayon Shinchan, the Adult Empire Strikes Back movie, the bus chase scene.
    This one was f'in hilarious. "They have injured my soul." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: