Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '80 corona

'80 corona

Picked this bad boy up a few weeks ago, not sure on the mileage odometer is only 5 digits and it reads 46,xxx at the moment, has the 20r with auto transmission which runs great. Interior is complete and way clean for the year everything works on it which is a plus, it has some undercarriage rust and on fenders but not bad.

I fixed a few little things that bothered me and gave it a tune up, passed emissions and it's now my daily driver. After gathering some suspension stuff(front short stroke shocks off an mr2, coilover sleeves and t3 pandhard bar) my friend and I went ahead and started on making the front coilovers, the sleeves I bought did not work, so that plan failed so we decided to just cut the spring 2.25" front and 1.5" rear. the stock panhard bar was a pain, we ended up giving up after almost burning off a bushing, which we will try again a different day cause I need to install the adjustable one.

A little lower, needs a bath and a wax job.

I will probably polished the stock wheels it came with cause they look and fit ok, I will clean up the interior a bit then take pics. I have 3 sets of wheels for this thing now all 14s, I;ll eventually get some wide 15" wheels

Im going to be picking up a set of s13 camber plates for the front, different coilover sleeves and camaro shocks for the rear. As far as the look of the car it's going to be staying the same, lower of course, but same paint and I am going to be relocating the rearview mirrors to the fenders(my friends cool idea, cheaper then buying jdm fender mirrors ha hal) maybe do something about the stock bumpers.

I'll keep updating stuff.

Re: '80 corona

Glad you found your way here. I saw this car for sale a few times on ksl and thought it would make a fun project..........but I have too many.

Not sure on the rear view mirror to fender thing though.....then again, I am not a big fan of proper fender mirrors either lol.

I like the look of the newest rims you posted.

And make sure to check the salt tinners thread in the meet section of this forum

Yeah they look good, but i want something wider, those are 14x7 -9 i have a set of celica supras with same specs almost so ill get 15s soon.

The mirror idea isn't bad, right now they're placed almost in the middle of the door haha, its held by 2 screws I figured i could try it and and see how it looks before drilling 2 holes on the fender.

Anything is worth a try As you said, try before putting screws in.

And I am playing the waiting game for 15's on my rolla. The tires on my 14's are great and I would rather shred them before getting new rims lol.

Any interior pics?

Nice car. Good luck with the build.

Hey, not sure if you are into meets, but we are doing a Cars and Coffee meet this saturday(28th). We need more yota representation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahSleeper
    Hey, not sure if you are into meets, but we are doing a Cars and Coffee meet this saturday(28th). We need more yota representation lol.
    Where at?

Presamax- thanks!

I keep forgetting to take pictures of the interior but ill post some this week, I also bought a few more things for this thing just have to find the time to install stuff.

This thing is cool! Can't wait to see it in person. Did you get the info on the cars and coffee? Sorry you'll miss the cruise night on the 2nd but they do it the first Wednesday of every month from April to October so you have another chance. Like Chris said, check out the Salt City Tinners thread for local happenings. JDM Legends is talking about an open house on May 26th and you can see pics of our past meet last August.

-Duane

Yeah, i'll try to make it this saturday for sure if weather isn't crappy.

my mom had a yellow one, wish i could have kept it, it was a blast to drive auto trans and all