Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the vein of strangest stuff found in your car...

In the vein of strangest stuff found in your car...

A buddy(DaveV55) and I went to move one of his cars, an MX72, from a friend's place, where Dave was storing it, back out to his(dave's) house. We show up, figure we have to jump start it. While Dave is getting the jumper cables ready, I decide to pop the hood and put in the battery. Reach inside the car, pull the hood latch, walk around front and release the second catch. Then I lift the hood, placing one hand by the driver's side headlamp and the other in the middle. I swear I flew back 10 feet straight, yelling obsencities at the top of my lungs. Dave's head snaps up... "wasps?'
    "nope, better..."
    "Rats?"
    Me snickering "nope, better..."
    "well, what is it?"
    "you have to come see this..."

I present to you the occupant of Dave's MX72, a squatter if you will...

She DOES NOT like to be poked with a stick...

We eventually got her out and got the car started and moved, but that is another story for another day. The black 85 will have to wait as well. It just did not want to start at all.

Re: In the vein of strangest stuff found in your car...

That has to be the strangest looking cat I've ever seen. Neko.

It is a West Virginia Spikey Mountain Cat. They can also be found down in the hollers in Arkansas. Sometimes even in the Okefenokee Swamp as well. We have already named him Pogo... :wink:

I can totally agree on jumping back a few feet when greeted by a pretty big animal face under the hood lol. At least it wasn't rabid or zombied out :tu:

at least you had to jump start it.. imagine the horror if you could have just hopped in and drove away.. THE HORROR!!

Quote Originally Posted by e-at_me
    at least you had to jump start it.. imagine the horror if you could have just hopped in and drove away.. THE HORROR!!

I have done that, but luckily, it was just a field mouse that time. According to my vet, Possum's body temperature is too low to sustain the rabies virus. I asked cause my wife was worried about the cats and a possum we had roaming around the neighborhood.

Reminds me of the time my mom was trying to kill a possum. (Their poop can poison horses apparently) She stabbed it with a pitch a few times and that didn't do much so she had me hold it in place while she bashed its head in with a shovel over the course of ten minutes or so. I actually feel really bad for the thing. Wish we had had a working gun to shoot it with.

I haven't found much surprising stuff in my vehicles... a 1980's fire extinguisher in the truck and half a dollar in change in the Probe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven7
    Reminds me of the time my mom was trying to kill a possum. (Their poop can poison horses apparently) She stabbed it with a pitch a few times and that didn't do much so she had me hold it in place while she bashed its head in with a shovel over the course of ten minutes or so. I actually feel really bad for the thing. Wish we had had a working gun to shoot it with.
    We had possums living in our roof (!) for a short time. We trapped them and set them free far from the house...first a mile, then it came back, then five miles, then it came back, then ten miles, and it still came back...we ended up taking them behind the barn and shooting them. No more possum problems.

I haven't found much surprising stuff in my vehicles... a 1980's fire extinguisher in the truck and half a dollar in change in the Probe.
    I'm in the same league with you - lot's of change - and found 9 golf balls under the seat of a parts car yesterday

Reminds me of the time my mom was trying to kill a possum. (Their poop can poison horses apparently) She stabbed it with a pitch a few times and that didn't do much so she had me hold it in place while she bashed its head in with a shovel over the course of ten minutes or so.
    This is quite possibly the most disturbing thing I've ever read.