Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1975 Corona Sedan

1975 Corona Sedan

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s49 ... 031512.jpg

Hello. Just picked up a 1975 Corona sedan 4 door. The body is pretty straight with some minor rust in the firewall and "C" pillar. The car is pretty much complete except for a severely cracked front windshield, missing some trim from the rear window, and needs new weatherstripping and window seals. It came with a 20R and 3 speed automatic. Car runs good and I'm planning on making it my daily driver.

I'm planning on swapping in a 5 speed manual transmission, lower the car, paint and body, some bolt-on goodies for the engine, and A/C and heat.

Julius

Re: 1975 Corona Sedan

nice ! any interior pics ?

Nice Corona man! good luck with it.

I've done a 18r-c W40-W50 swap, I might have some info if you need any but I'm not sure how much of it is applicable.

I'll post more pics in a few days. Interior is pretty clean. Car didn't come with a center console so I'll probably fab one up. I'm thinking about putting gauges in the dash where the factory radio goes and add a radio to the center console under the dash. We'll see. Its all about how much $$$$$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Presamax
    I'll post more pics in a few days. Interior is pretty clean. Car didn't come with a center console so I'll probably fab one up. I'm thinking about putting gauges in the dash where the factory radio goes and add a radio to the center console under the dash. We'll see. Its all about how much $$$$$$$!
    hmm, good idea! love to see it, maybe copy it as well for my own rt

Quote Originally Posted by Long

I've done a 18r-c W40-W50 swap, I might have some info if you need any but I'm not sure how much of it is applicable.
    I would actually like some info on this swap as well. I would love to do a W50 swap on my 8r-c because 4 speed just sucks on highway and the engines are similar.

another cool RTxxx project. I still have my custom fab clutch pedal if ur interested. Lmk.

Thanks RT105Bong. I'd like to lower my Corona but I don't want to cut the original springs. King Springs in Australia quoted me $325 for their front lower springs shipped to CA. I remember you (and a few other Corona builds) used front coil springs from a Ford/Mazda Courier truck to lower your car. What year Courier truck coils did you use? Was it the 4th Generation version (1978-1985)?

Julius

Quote Originally Posted by travmac79
    Quote Originally Posted by Long

I would actually like some info on this swap as well. I would love to do a W50 swap on my 8r-c because 4 speed just sucks on highway and the engines are similar.
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16007

Quote Originally Posted by Presamax
    Thanks RT105Bong. I'd like to lower my Corona but I don't want to cut the original springs. King Springs in Australia quoted me $325 for their front lower springs shipped to CA. I remember you (and a few other Corona builds) used front coil springs from a Ford/Mazda Courier truck to lower your car. What year Courier truck coils did you use? Was it the 4th Generation version (1978-1985)?

Julius
    Hey Presamax, I'm running the lowered kings in my 104 atm. Thoughts are:

great lowered stance
    good street manners
    Spring rate needs to be much more aggressive because it dives heavily under hard braking. (autox video in my thread to give you an idea)

Now when I was enquiring about king springs, they said that "Holden FC" springs had the same dimensions and were lower and stiffer (confirm this with them). It might be worth looking into.