Thread: ...Help! I've lost my identity (SSRs On the Car Edition)...

...Help! I've lost my identity (SSRs On the Car Edition)...

:? They used to call me The Hubcap Guy.

But now... I'm just a FOLLOWER :shock:

Procured:

...I guess you know you're a brony when your wheels are called StarBrights, and spelled out in rebus form?

Yeah, never heard of them either. I was only able to get a small bit more info by searching for "SSR ????????s on Japanese Google. Anyone like, know anything cool about them?

Lip? :mrgreen: No, it won't support a pack of cigs or an iphone, but I like to think it's there anyway... Futile, I know. My independant (drunken) measurements seem to tell me they're 6.5" wide with a +4mm offset or so. Hard to care though, they're replacing stock steelies.

I haven't seen tread this aggressive since the bald tires I was riding on last week blew up on me :mrgreen:

Yeah, this thread is basically pointless considering they're not yet mounted on the car :? But SSR has an iphone app, and I have MS Paint... So isn't that stupid?

A lot of (that is, both) the ones I've found online seem to have gold centers, I might try that out but I'll mount them first. I know everyone is still going to think they look ridiculous considering stock ride height, but at least the smaller sidewalls will bring me down a bit... Who drives on the freeway, right? I'm looking forward to smiling at the reduction of diameter and unsprung mass.

Maybe that can be my new "thing". If I continue to replace things only on an "as-it-breaks" basis, maybe I'll look like everyone else in about twenty years

Re: ...Help! I've lost my identity...

can't wait to see them on your car. JSYK you got a pretty good deal from me apparently, because someone else on club4ag wants $1500 for his set, and he doesn't have tires as nice as these! :lol:

anyways there's a small tidbit here on the "AE86 Wheel Guide"

http://club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/Wheel%20Guide.htm

scroll towards the bottom. I think the extra wide one looks awesome. Rebarrel? haha

...Found a brief bit of information here:

http://qrgarage.ca/2010/01/28/speed-star/

Actually, that's a decent resource for SSR/Hayashi/Advan wheels.

Thanks for the deal :mrgreen:

lol, perhaps if I had enough money to re-barrel, I'd do it to some Impul Hoshinos (my holy grail, and about the only thing I'd trade-up to...)

These are as good as my second-best Work Equip 01s though, so they'll stick around

...Well, these pics are way worse than I thought they'd come out but... :lol:

SPEEDSTARS...

Yeah, yeah, hella-gaps, tractor 4x4... I think it doesn't look too bad, but it does compel me slightly toward the possibility of a couple inches lower...

Also: In about a week, I will be in dire need of a starter :P