Thread: My First Car - Datsun 1200 Coupe

My First Car - Datsun 1200 Coupe

A buddy of mine just found in his attic the only pictures of my first car, circa 1987...

Re: My First Car - Datsun 1200 Coupe

...It looks like a model :lol:

My only requirement for Sunnys is that they be coupes. Looks good, bet you miss it

Yeah, I miss it. It brings up good memories of working with my dad. Sometimes I can still smell the interior. It's got 1987 written all over it: blacked-out chrome, Sammy Hagar "I can't drive 55" sticker on the Wink mirror, "turbo" side mirrors, wiper wings, smoked headlight lenses, shock wave pinstriping on the side glass... I couldn't afford to do to it what I wanted. I was only in high school and working part time at Burger King. Besides, I had already shelled out a whopping $600 for the car, and gas was 95 cents per gallon. I bought this from the original owner - my stepmother - and it came in #931 gold color with original hubcaps & whitewalls, and 36K miles. I drove it a few weeks before the accelerator pump blew out, so my dad taught me how to rebuild a carburetor. Then he said "Let's put a glass pack on it!" and I said "Cool! What's a glass pack?" - we got the little obnoxious 12-incher. Speaking of 12", I knew those wheels were awful and I badly wanted some black-centered Enkei 92's that were all the rage, but I had to settle with painting the stock steelies black, and hunting down a set of chrome "beauty rings". Then I got rear-ended twice in one week, so I soon had enough money for the red paint job - I did all the satin black myself in the garage while the car was at the paint shop. At the time of the photos it had some hand-me-down equipment including a "rad" stereo system with Pioneer tape deck and four 6X9's, a Weber 32/36 carb w/ K&N air filter, and a Grant steering wheel, all parted out of a neighbor's Fiat. Alas, upon graduating high school my dad convinced me to by a new car, so he cosigned the loan on a brand new Suzuki Samurai.

nice, neat, clean & tidy kb110 :mrgreen:

remind me one of my fren found this datsun 1200 kb110
    some old man still driving this coupe
    ask to buy from him, but the old man refuse to sell it

he said, "too many sentimental value, its hard for me to sell it" :tu: