Thread: 77 Celica to restore

77 Celica to restore

Hi, I'm a newbie to this site. Just bought a 77 Celica GT liftback. I need to buy restoration supplies like window rubber, weatherstrips, upolstery etc. Plan is to lite resto and commute with while I build a plan for serious upgrades. Thanks for the help, Art. 8)

good luck with the search after parts, pic's please.

congrats on getting the celica, post some pics man :tu:

i'm sure its easy to get all those things from where you come from

the likes of toyhead, ebay should help you, you can join 1stgencelica too

Most of the stuff listed will have to come from ebay. Definitely join 1stgencelica. There was a guy on there selling new Toyota weatherstripping. I don't know if he will get more or if he has any left. I was able to get some quarter window rubber from him a while back. I believe Toyohead sells door and window rubber, but it is not factory. You will need to do some fabbing, but it is the only way to renew the rubber. Interior is a bit harder. Nobody makes seat covers for our car. You can still get carpet, but only for the front. There is no replacement carpet for the hatch area. Some pics and a list of stuff you are looking for will help us find the parts you need. If you have a tan interior, you are in luck, as those parts are cheaper on ebay. The black interior parts tend to sell a bit higher. I went the easy route and just bought another celica parts car for the black interior.

seen some seat covers on ebay. It was something like 250 +shipping. Yeah I have to agree with everyone here that ebay is pretty much your only friend.

GL
    mike

Administrator
    Welcome. Post some pics of your car please

Quote Originally Posted by ben
    Welcome. Post some pics of your car please
    Pictures after I get it running(priority). Toyhead Auto list full carpet set-including hatch area. No listing for headliner or door panels. Anyone done IRS conversion on 77 Celica? or a 5/6 spd t-axel? Alum. V8.? I had a friend named Steve McLeod,for whom I built a 215" Buick out to 300" in 1983 and he put it in his 77 Celica GT.Ran pretty good. More like "Elanor" than a ricer. Thanks for the help, Art.

Re: 77 Celica to restore

Quote Originally Posted by silica
    Hi, I'm a newbie to this site. Just bought a 77 Celica GT liftback. I need to buy restoration supplies like window rubber, weatherstrips, upolstery etc. Plan is to lite resto and commute with while I build a plan for serious upgrades. Thanks for the help, Art. 8)
    Hi again, I also need, genuine, Toyota service manual for this car? Side note, I need "service pages" for 3S-GTE transaxle,(Turbo MR2 5 spd.) Any mid -engine Celicas out there? Thanks, Art. :tu: