Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the state of your car.

What is the state of your car.

What state is you car currently in?
    Is it a daily driver, show car, rolling project, in a million pieces in your garage, don currently own a jnc and currently saving/looking for one, the current cause of divorce?

I'm currently saving for an ms55 or ms63 crow wagon

Re: What is the state of your car.

I don't currently own a jnc, but I'm definitely looking for one. but the car I have now is a 93 mazda mx3, so it's not quite there.

Elbow deep in grease, in a garage somewhere in Sydney

Of the four that reside in the shed, Three are runners
    Two are Daily drivers, My 260Z and the little lady's '75 Galant coupe. The other runner is a beat up Datsun 1600 (510) that's a retired rally car that we use for dirt racing such as khanacross and motorkhana. The poor thing had been sitting down the back yard in the weather for a touch over 12 months but after giving the battery a good charge the bastard fired up first go! :lol: The brakes had seized however :|

The non runner is a long term project that my dad inherited. Its a 1969 (or maybe 68, can't quite tell) Datsun 2000 Sports that has been sitting in a shed since the early 80's. It's all complete, including the original B-spec motor (bigger cam and factory fitted mikuni side-draughts) Magnum jellybean wheels and an early momo prototipo steering wheel!
    Bugger all rust and pretty straight but needs a complete rebuild.
    I should really make a thread for it :wink:

I am currently considering replacing the daily 260Z with a slightly more modern JNC. Looking at AE86's but I'm going to have to be patient.

California. :roll:

I'm also redoing all the body and paint work on my daily. 95 subaru legacy sedan. Painting it subaru wr blue. The same as sti

75 280z- Driven daily to work. Once a month I'll have to trim another cracked vacuum hose in the climate control system, or spray the TPS with contact cleaner when the leads get dirty to restore the idle, but these things have become routine for me, so it works.

86 300zx 2+2- Her daily driven vehicle. The ghost-in-the-machine dashboard blinks out occasionally in the wet, needs a dash cover to mitigate cracking, radio and mirrors don't work currently , but mechanically solid as a rock. Over the year we've owned it, we've only replaced bulbs, a battery, and a tire.

Triumph TR7- Doesn't drive yet, but you knew that. In storage due to limited space, so I can't work on it. I had it running, but now (surprise) seems to need a head gasket. Remarkably all electronics work, but the brakes and clutch hydraulics all need to be rebuilt.

55 Chevy- Runs as well as it ever did. Secondaries seem to be sticking though every so often, so I'll rebuild the carb. Still has that issue where the lights go out when you step on the clutch though...

close to putting the windscreen back in. Then off to get registered.

The Luce is a daily driver, and is what we use the most when I need to take the kids anywhere. Late night runs for ice cream, going to swimming lessons, etc are all done in the rotary and now that I'm no longer driving to work, it's the car I drive 95% of the time and it's used maybe 6 days out of 7. Hako used to be driven to work once or twice a week, but now rests in the garage while I do the daily schlep on the train. In fact I don't think I've driven it since before christmas, so it gets used maybe once a month, when I remember to wake up extra early for a proper drive into the countryside.

So both are daily driveable cars, and if I had to do a long road trip, I'd say either would fit the bill. Both still need a regimen on ongoing restoration though
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    No Kev, you are eating a duck fetus.

here is mine 69 datsun 1000 in a million peices. 65 datsun 1600 roadster rolling/waititng project. mazda b1800 runs but does not drive. 88 300zxt driver.

99 Altima:
    DD and services it's job well.

80 Corolla:
    Project and fun car. I have been and will be doing EVERYTHING (I have tools for) on this car. Recently redid the interior. Fiberglassed the dash. Got the 3T running with EFI. Replaced front struts and brakes with AE86. The car is currently legal and starts when I want it to.

88 Celica Alltrac:
    New snow project. Fun and winter duties. Needs a new wiring harness before it will run. Probably more will show up as needing fixed after the new harness makes its way into the car.