Thread: A Big hello to all the members..

A Big hello to all the members..

hello guys..m currently living in the uk at the moment..but m from nepal..i read a post about toyota e20 seen in nepal a while ago..and m thinking of restoring one when i go to nepal next time.also with few modern comforts added like power steering.. power windows etc...ive seen lots of classic cars like datsun,corolla e20 etc used as taxis all over nepal..so finding one wont be that much of a problem..but my concern is getting replacement parts such as engine components..suspensions..brakes ..and so on...now my question is wat wud be the best option for me to get parts..your suggestions on this one wud be highly appreciated..also ive never worked with carb engines..so are there manuals on this forums ?? that you can get access to after being a paid member or sth like that?? thanks a lot in advance..

Re: A Big hello to all the members..

Quote Originally Posted by japclass
    but my concern is getting replacement parts such as engine components..suspensions..brakes ..and so on...now my question is wat wud be the best option for me to get parts..your suggestions on this one wud be highly appreciated..
    Tough to beat places like ebay, but there are also specific sections of this very site for buying and selling parts. 8)

My advice would be to get something that is popular, as that means parts will be easier to get. A Datsun or Toyota will be much easier to own that an Isuzu or Mitsubishi. :wink:

also ive never worked with carb engines..so are there manuals on this forums ??
    Your best bet is after you purchase a car to go to a site like Amazon and buy a service manual for it. The "Haynes" manuals are usually the easiest to learn from. Factory service manuals are also nice, but assume a certain level of expertise, so not always useful for a beginner.

Namaste japclass.
    Good to hear you are thinking of restoring one of the many nostalgic cars in Nepal. :tu:
    When you get it post up a build thread and members on this forum will help with locating parts, technical questions and advice and support for your restoration.
    I saw a few small shops around Kathmandu selling parts and the fact that there are so many E20's still driving around means you have a good source for parts.
    Perhaps you could even trade parts with other members with E20's if you have difficulty locating a particular item.

Keep us updated and welcome to JNC.

ToolZ.

thanks a million to datsunfreak for the info..and Namaste toolz..ya ur right ..i might have missed the parts shop around coz i wasnt really into cars before..and now m totally addicted to JDM (if its not a jap.then its a crap lol )..esp classics..so hopefully ill manage to restore one..ill post my project here when i start the project..for now i guess ill keep on getting inspired here in japanesenostalgiccar.com...cheers guys