Thread: Hello Everybody, can someone pls help?

Hello Everybody, can someone pls help?

I have a 79 corolla with rear leafs... I installed blocks but ride is terrible :? . Anyone know where I can buy lowering leafs? or how to info on turning them or something? Thanks, tE31

Re: Hello Everybody, can someone pls help?

there may be a spring shop around town that could de-arch them a little for you... there's a place here, but I don't know if they do that for cars or not. pretty sure they do it on bigger stuff, though.

Lowering blocks should not change the ride quality at all. Chances are something else is wrong. Are you sure it's not bottoming out? Did you trim the rubber bump stops? Are your shocks bottoming out?

No its not bottom out... Its a lot stiffer and makes a clicking sound sometimes from 1st to 2nd then quiets down or if there's no predssure when clutch in its quiet... Really sucks

Looks nice with the 2" drop all around but noise and feel SUCKS...
    If anyone knows someone in the Bay that could help would be greatly appreciated...

Seriously, something is bottoming out, may be driveshaft, or nose of the diff, but something is.

Lowering blocks WILL NOT make the car stiffer. Ever. They can't. All they do is move the differential further away from the springs. They don't effect the springs.

You're probably sitting on the bumps stops with the diff hitting the floor when you shift.

Yea its definately something with the diff... I had to get custom u bolts wich were 1/2 wide so I re drilled the plates and don't fit as snug so I only have bottom leaf plate on... I just want another option can't really push it with blocks on anyway... Thanks

Turned leafs or custom would be it!

There's a local shop here in SJ that deals with leaf spring suspensions so I'll get a business card for you and forward you the info in case you might need to talk to them...

Quote Originally Posted by datsunfreak
    Seriously, something is bottoming out, may be driveshaft, or nose of the diff, but something is.

Lowering blocks WILL NOT make the car stiffer. Ever. They can't. All they do is move the differential further away from the springs. They don't effect the springs.

You're probably sitting on the bumps stops with the diff hitting the floor when you shift.
    x2 on the bump stops. Suspension travel is reduced which tends to hit the rubber bump stop specially with a 2" drop. Suspension pop could just be a matter of re-tightening the u-bolts. Assuming you've got new shocks since that'll make a big difference on damping. Hope this helps.