Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Asparagus 1985 200sx s12 project

Asparagus 1985 200sx s12 project

My current project is actually a 72' s30z but I figure I should post about what's lead up to this new project. An 85' 200sx!

So I bought this car almost four years ago during the summer after I graduated highschool. It was freshman year, a friend of a friend, I saw the s12 and jokingly asked that he sell that car to me when he gets rid of it and three to four years later, I got that phone call and it's been in my possession since for a whopping 800 bucks. I daily'd it for a full year and the ca18et broke down, giving me good reason for a whole refresh and new motor. Took me about two years or so to get it where it is now, doing the majority of the work myself in my garage. It was definitely an experience that has let me up the ante to the s30z build.

The car's been through a lot, there's currently a ka24de from a 93 s13 powering the wheels, s13 susp swap in the front and s13 coilovers adapted to the whole car. Aftermarket is pretty nonexistent so I had to borrow many things from the 240sx scene. A whole lot, really.

I'll let some pictures do the rest of the talking, the majority of my build is located here http://www.s-chassis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39155 and current updates to this car and the s30 are generally on my blog in at http://jumbosandbox.blogspot.com/

Here's where it started, and the rest should be somewhat in order, it's not the complete build pictures, but it's the gist of it. Hope whoever is interested will enjoy!

[/img]

...Awesome, but the fact that it had a grille in the first pics, and now does not, is bugging the hell out of me :lol: Love S12s though, that one looks great.

The white S13 with the Fender vents looks EXACTLY like one I park next to every day in Brea...

Beautiful S12! :tu: :mrgreen:

I think this is the first KA24DE-powered S12 I've ever seen. Everyone seems to go with a CA18DET or SR20DET. Glad to see you're at least thinking outside the box. :wink:

Also, I've heard many times people using the slang term "hockey puck motor mounts" as a reference to small hard rubber mounts. Never seen anyone actually use hockey pucks. That is awesome. :P

I have never heard about the Hockey Puck Mounts...that's awesome!! Great job on your S12 man...it is clean and I love the wheels you rockin!! :tu:

your hatch is the inspiration for my '84 200sx coupe,same blue,Have loved your hatch since i saw it a year or so ago!

Come on! You used your home turfs and well as lala lands pucks? Go Sharks! :mrgreen:

Administrator
    That is the sexiest S12 I've seen, and LOL @ the pumpkin! :lol:

really nice..

i'm really impressed with you set of wheel!

Thumbs up!!!

thanks a lot guys! The puck mounts aren't too bad, I've heard some horror stories about them breaking apart and etc but they are still doing great. No complaints on this $20 set of motor mounts. My trans and diff mounts are solid also, so the vibration is pretty bearable, though a comfortable car was never really my aim. And the store only had 2 sharks pucks! haha, so CA teams just gotta represent!

here's some snaps I took today, I dropped in the seat and played around with my interior bits

also got a free billet oil cap from yamato garage, a new shop in missouri. And quite randomly, they use the japanese imperial family crest as their logo, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by asparagus
    also got a free billet oil cap from yamato garage, a new shop in missouri. And quite randomly, they use the japanese imperial family crest as their logo, haha.

At first I thought it was made to look like a tiny clutch cover... :P