Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: The shape of things to come?

OT: The shape of things to come?

Re: The shape of things to come?

the rear tire is flat on that refridgerator..

I dont care for all these new throw away cars, but I guess if I look at the bright side, more electric cars means more power plants.. More job security for me...

the car industry for me has been going downhill for quite some time. Go from the 80s with lot of awesome cars, to the 90s with lesser craziness, more power, the 2000s, very little awesome, now... They also started getting fat in the late 90s, then in the 2000 era they got really fat and ugly. Now its like well I want this big tall bubbly shape with hard lines. MUst match all the guys wearing tighter pants than their girlfriends...

Damn im getting old

As for the picture, I see some dude running around a angry devil prius with a flat tire grabbing tonys pizza

Even if hybrid/electric car trends which are currently the focus ultimately go nowhere, I'm always happy to see the Japanese companies maintain at least the perception of being on the cutting edge.

I agree that the 2000s haven't been good to Japanese cars in particular; no more sports cars, an abundance bloated sedans and SUVs, etc.... I miss the days of being able to buy a awd, 4ws, turbocharged machine with active aero, and for a while in the 90s all of the Japanese manufacturers offered something insane, advanced, and accessible.

I don't mind hybrids in and of themselves; I just want to see a twin-charged hybrid with an engine at each wheel, 4ws, active aero and all the technology you'd expect in an Evangelion; cars like the GTO, z32 tt, Supra, NSX and etc. give us precedent for those expectations. Instead, we get merely acceptable, boring products of late, that rest on the laurels of Japan's previous engineering achievements.

...So at least, for the sake of the Japanese auto industry, the Leaf, insight, and Prius are regarded as advanced and competent, if boring. I hope for something more to my tastes to come in the future, but I also worry that nothing will match the days when having four sportscar platforms in your lineup wasn't considered redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund

I don't mind hybrids in and of themselves; I just want to see a twin-charged hybrid with an engine at each wheel, 4ws, active aero and all the technology you'd expect in an Evangelion; cars like the GTO, z32 tt, Supra, NSX and etc. give us precedent for those expectations. Instead, we get merely acceptable, boring products of late, that rest on the laurels of Japan's previous engineering achievements.

Your talking about the 3000GT VR4 I just purchased. Don't leave out active exhaust :lol:

The FT86 and BRZ are a hope for the future. Lets hope it sells like crazy so every other Japanese company develops similar cars.

Quote Originally Posted by feastjapan
    Nissan has an estimated 2000+ quicker charges situated through out Japan.
    I've been surprised just how fast they are popping up on expressway. A few SAs this last week in Fukushima already have them installed. It did occur to me though, with only one at each SA, you would have to wait for more than a ramen and omiyage stop to get a top-up...

Quote Originally Posted by city hunter
    I dont care for all these new throw away cars
    Then this taxi-uriba will make you feel queasy then:

Dead-end technology. Neko.

Dachshund, i couldnt agree more. :tu:

Yeah I agree the whole hybrid/electric car thing is cool for normal people or commuters..but for enthusiasts I find it dull and boring. The race leaf is kinda cool..but until u see some consumer performance hybrids/electrics (seems like sooner than you think)...meh :|

The Tesla Roadster is a sporty ride. Would like to see more done on that platform.

I live about a block from Fisker's headquarters in CA, and as a result probably see them more often than just about anyone else in the US, maybe twice a month?

...They're gorgeous