Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 74 Rx4 GTR

74 Rx4 GTR

I just got one. 'Good' shape, almost complete, trim is perfect, glass is good, gold with black interior(all plastic there and in good shape), 5 speed, luggage rack, rust is present in the usual places, but thats OK. In time she will be returned to glory, with improvements where I see them to be neccessary- Suspension and brakes, with a more user friendly bolt pattern, improved headlights, better seats, etc. Factory color scheme, with whatever wheels I choose painted to match.

Anyone with Rx4 parts should contact me- I'm probably interested.....

Darryl

Re: 74 Rx4 GTR

Congrats! Care to share any photos?

Just tried to- Says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." Hmmmm. Can't show it to anyone here? Rx7club.com in the old school and other rotary section has them. If anyone knows what the 'sorry' thing means, let me know. I'll be happy to try again.

Would love to see it!

Sent them to restoremaz.... Maybe I need more posts before I'm allowed to..... which is wierd, because I'd think alot of new posts would be ''look at what I've got/found/done''.... keyword 'LOOK'.

Man this thing is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by zionfarm
    Man this thing is really nice.
    Well, from what you CAN see, yes. Of course the TIN WORM has done it due diligence, and there will be some serious metal work required to get it back to good. But as far as completeness and rarity, I would agree. Only seen pics of 2 other 74's and 1 76, and nothing in the gold. And what about the luggage rack?! I want to check with University Mazda in Seattle and see if they have any record or knowledge of it. It was where the first cars hit the US from Mazda, and the people who used to work there were the best for experience with them. I'm getting the title search going, and hopefully can find the former (hopefully the original) owner.

Don't expect to see regular progress on this car. I've got tons of others already in work(71 510 and 240Z, 73 Rx2, 83 Rx7). This was an opportunistic grab of a car I'd known about for a couple years, and decided I needed to get it into my corral, if only to save it from further deterioration or worse, disappearing all together. Its time will come.

Thanks for looking- and keep me informed if you run across parts or cars.

Darryl

Glad to see this car is getting some love. I had considered buying it a few years ago when it first came up for sale. Good luck with it.

I miss the hell out of my old RX-4.

Thanks Pertano- Always liked yours.

According to Roger at U-Mazda in Seattle, it was an appearance package only, and they did very few. Luggage rack was super rare. Can't imagine there are any of these left in this shape and state of completeness. Glad I grabbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CamanoRx2
    Thanks Pertano- Always liked yours.

According to Roger at U-Mazda in Seattle, it was an appearance package only, and they did very few. Luggage rack was super rare. Can't imagine there are any of these left in this shape and state of completeness. Glad I grabbed it.
    Hi there Darryl,

Nice and rare car you got there, I also did see this car some years ago when it was for sale. - Yes, thats right, the GTR was a apperance package only available in US. - the info I have is that all GTR cars where painted Gold (Alexandrite Gold) with that black stripe and the hood painted black.

Luggage rack is not a Mazda option but possible a Local US option or even just for the Dealer who sold it, really rare and nice though...!

I still dont understand why US never got the Wheel arch moulds or the Valance crome mounted on their Rx-4s...!!! - Never got the Electrical windows either...

Good luck with the resto,

Regards - Fredrik