Thread: Just got a iPhone 4S

Just got a iPhone 4S

What you you guys think about it. I moved up form the 3G.

Re: Just got a iPhone 4S

Poor you, you should have bought a Nokia Lumia or an N8.

Ehh. I've played around on the Android stuff, but for some reason the iPhone always winds up sitting most comfortably with me...

I just went from a broken down, falling apart 3GS to a 4, and expected the experience to be more world-shattering for some odd reason, but the biggest impact it's had on my life is actually charging up reliably when it's plugged into the wall...

Sort of like when I got excited about the iPad, then realized that having a laptop and an iPhone at the same time completely left me with nothing to do with it. Or when I updated to the new iOS and realized that there was not much there for me either (and it messed all my apps up, taking me two hours or so to sort out). Apple makes excellent tools, but the glamorous aspect of them that prompts fake hipsters to be able to actually "hang out" in an Apple store eludes me.

As for the 4S, I doubt I'd use Siri much, would appreciate the extra power, and lament the day when my 4 won't run the latest apps, like the situation I was just beginning to attain with the 3GS. Still hate iTunes more than even god could :?

You know what the Siri thing is kinda cool when you really use it. For me going from iPhone 3G was a big difference.
    I mean way faster as getting stuff done on the phone.
    Way better cell phone reception in buildings.
    Everything just looks way better on the phone.
    So I'm thinking I will just be updating my phone every two to three years now. One thing I had to figure out was this new @me.com apple ID thing.

I tried to buy one this past weekend, but couldn't. My roommate and I both have an iPhone 4. His is the primary and mine is on his phone plan. He can upgrade now with no extra fee, but I can't upgrade until March. So both of us may just skip the 4S and wait for the 5.

Congrats on your iphone 4S purchase. I really don't feel the need for mobile internet just yet. I pretty much just make calls and text.

Honestly, I really don't want a cell phone at all.

Cows invented cell phones to keep track of the humans to get back at them for cowbell, and you know what????......

.....it's working. :mrgreen: