Thread: Newbie From Australia

Newbie From Australia

Greetings from Australia.

Im the proud owner of a 1980 KBD40 Isuzu also known as a CHEVY LUV. Im the second owner, the first owner was my late grandfather. The ISUZU was purchased new from the dealership as a cab chassis. They alloy tray was sourced from another location. My grandfather used the ISUZU on his wheat farm as transportation around his property to check fence lines, its had a easy life and always stored undercover, its travelled a mere 70'000 km.

I have done a few mods since becoming the new owner, i have fitted new 15' steel wheels and new all terrain tyres. I have also shortend and narrowed the alloy tray and made it into a tipper. I have upgraded the disc brakes using parts from an ISUZU Trooper, i have fitted Trooper upper control arms and flipped the ball joints to give more suspension travel. I have also dropped the front diff 2' lower to correct the cv angles since i have wound the torsion bars to give more lift.

My KBD40

Welcome aboard, mate awesome little truck, looks tough with that ground clearance, don't think I've seen one quite that high before.

That's one cool car man, you should come out on a Gemini cruise sometime, so all us Isuzu heads can appreciate our cars' "ancestors..."

Which engine do they run? G160 OHV? I might add that that's one of the cleanest engine bays I've ever seen. If the engine ever lets go and you can't find someone to rebuild it let me know, I build engines in my spare time, although finding parts could be a nightmare.

But yeah, seriously cool! Half a Florian right there :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by archangel62
    That's one cool car man, you should come out on a Gemini cruise sometime, so all us Isuzu heads can appreciate our cars' "ancestors..."

Which engine do they run? G160 OHV? I might add that that's one of the cleanest engine bays I've ever seen. If the engine ever lets go and you can't find someone to rebuild it let me know, I build engines in my spare time, although finding parts could be a nightmare.

But yeah, seriously cool! Half a Florian right there :lol:
    Engine is a c190 Diesel, baby brother to the c223 used in early holden rodeos and jackaroo's. I have a turbo and manifold ready to fit, im planning on running low boost. Would love to cruise in Adelaide but the 4.55:1 diff ratio and 4 speed makes traveling long distances difficult.